Question I am getting my gpu tommorow and i dont know if i should test all the parts today or wait a few more days to build in the case.

Jan 1, 2023
Should i test my components 2 days before my case arrives. And can i touch the psu to ground myself before it is plugged.

Should i test my components 2 days before my case arrives. And can i touch the psu to ground myself before it is plugged.
Yes, bench testing, breadboarding or proto board testing are usual names for it. It's even desirable when you are working with unknown components, Don't worry much about static electricity if you are working in safe conditions , just avoid touching contacts, That's not good even under ideal conditions.

Jan 1, 2023
I do have the cpu cooler installed, but is it bad that i didn't apply equal pressure to the cooler when installing it. Not diagnol but 1 side and then the other.

No, so long as you have a functioning cpu cooler, you will be ok.

You might list your parts.
A bench test like you describe is really the first thing to do when building a pc.
Since you know that you did not install the cooler well, now is the time to correct that.

I do have the cpu cooler installed, but is it bad that i didn't apply equal pressure to the cooler when installing it. Not diagnol but 1 side and then the other.
You should always go in a diagonal star pattern when tightening down a CPU cooler and go back to each screw at least three times.
Will it make a difference? Who knows? I would still take it apart and redo it. You could've done it over again, properly in the same time it's taking you to post and watch this thread. ;)

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 1, 2023
I got the intel stock cooler. I dont know if it has screws
Intel-Laminar-RM1-Alder-Lake-S-65W-Cooler.jpg

That is my normal plan when building a new pc.
It is much easier to work with parts that are just laid out on a table.
If you have a problem it is much easier to check connections.
I found it handy to buy a simple switch so I do not have to short pwr pins to start the motherboard.
Like this:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168121..._switch-_-12-119-009-_-Product&quicklink=true
I will also install windows and perhaps even do a simple stress test.

Jan 1, 2023
This new stock cooler for the intel 12th gen lineup has push pins which don't require screws. I Am not sure if i need to apply equal pressure or can take the cooler off to redo that. It may be different than installing one like the amd wraith stealth cooler which does require pins. Maybe i can monitor the temps idle in bios.