Question I am getting RAM error code 55 on my asus motherboard and no display output ?

bochiman25

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Hi all I recently unplugged my PC to check all my connections as I was randomly losing display and my computer fans would ramp up to max (this is another issue)

But my real question is about the RAM error code 55

once I turned my computer back on I was getting this error and was unable to get display on my screens. I switched my ram to a single stick and put it into A1 slot turned off XMP and got it to boot up without a problem. obviously I want to use A2 and B2 but I receive same error even with just 1 stick in A2.

Ive tried clearing CMOS and tried using the ram stick in another slot and it works, so im assuming there isnt a problem with the stick itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Computer specs
CPU: 8700k
Motherboard: ROG Maximus x Formula
GPU: Asus 1080 ti OC
Ram: GSkill trident z 3200mhz
SSD: samsung 870 evo
PSU: corsair RM750

thanks

bochiman25

Honorable
Jul 24, 2017
Error code 55 is failure to read/recognize ram on motherboard. What bios are you using? Bios versions 2402 and 2503 address ram compatibility. Perhaps it may help recognizing slot A2 again. It may not but won't hurt anything to try.

Thanks for the response. I am currently using the latest version of the bios for my motherboard (not sure what it is at the moment because I'm at work but I believe it's 27XX). Funnily enough I messed around with put the ram sticks in a range of different configurations and checking for post and then went back to my original A2 and B2 and it started working again?? So it seems to have resolved itself for the time being. I would still love to know what was causing this issue incase it returns.

Thanks for the response. I am currently using the latest version of the bios for my motherboard (not sure what it is at the moment because I'm at work but I believe it's 27XX). Funnily enough I messed around with put the ram sticks in a range of different configurations and checking for post and then went back to my original A2 and B2 and it started working again?? So it seems to have resolved itself for the time being. I would still love to know what was causing this issue incase it returns.
It could have just been a slightly fuzz induced slot problem. And by removing and replacing the memory it was cleaned out. Hope it continues to work for you.

Reactions: bochiman25
Aug 3, 2023
Same issue here, any attempt to use memory channel A (either 1 or both slot).
Tested even without cooler (zero torque for MB) but same err 55.
Booted only with B1+B2 entered BIOS and in memory settings switched to DISABLE BOTH SLOTS for memory channel A. After reset I populated all memory slots (4x8GB) and no more err 55 so I entered BIOS again. I looked to MEMORY POST and to my surprise I could see all 4 stick recognized with proper frequencies reported. Booted to windows and from PC properties I could see system reporting 32 GB installed / 16 GB usable (certainly because BIOS setting of DISABLE BOTH SLOTS for memory channel A. I enabled again channel A and the err 55 came back...
So I'm still looking for a way out of this <Mod Edit>. Any help/hint will be appreciated!
:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: