Question I am getting random ping spikes to my router

May 22, 2019
I have narrowed it down to this by pinging my router and every 15 sec or so i will get a large ping ms (150ms-1100ms). I also get random download speeds even though I pay for gigabit fiber.

What is your question that is not a uncommon problem to see on wifi. You need to test on ethernet to be sure that your everything works properly. The wifi issue generally are a limitation of the technology and something you have to live with. It might be a driver issue but it is much more likely it is interference from neighbors who are competing for the same wifi radio frequencies.

May 22, 2019
What is your question that is not a uncommon problem to see on wifi. You need to test on ethernet to be sure that your everything works properly. The wifi issue generally are a limitation of the technology and something you have to live with. It might be a driver issue but it is much more likely it is interference from neighbors who are competing for the same wifi radio frequencies.
I cant try ethernet as my computer is on the second floor and there are no ports up here, or anywhere. My router is on the first floor.