Question I am getting small lag spikes (framerate) in whatever game i play.

Feb 13, 2019
I built a PC last christmas and everything was fine up until a week ago. I am now sometimes getting lag spikes whenever i play games. It happens maybe about every 3 mins and can last for 1-10 seconds or sometimes can result in crashing.

CPU: i3-8100
GPU: ZOTAC 1050 TI OC (no i havent tried actually overclocking)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB

D

Deleted member 14196

It could also be windows updates updating your drivers such as your video driver which there may be problems with and you might want to roll video drivers back a version or two to a point where you didn’t have the lagging spikes

Feb 13, 2019
Most effective way to determine the problem would be to monitor your CPU & GPU temperatures, perhaps using MSI Afterburner's overlay. Your temperatures might be going really high somehow, causing your CPU or GPU to throttle.
I have watched temperatures while playing. It mainly happens the most in apex legends where my cpu temp is usually around 66, which i was told isnt dangerously high, and my gpu temp is near around 63 which isnt too high either.

D

Deleted member 14196

You probably need to roll the video drivers back to a version that doesn’t have the lagging problem