I am going to get a new system

G

I wanted to know which new video card would be a good choice.

I am looking to spend 100-200$ and I will be using it for gaming, browsing, all that other normal b.s.

Sorry to be so general, my last card was a Guillemot Cougar 32mb Maxi Gamer, or something like that.

Drink

G

got to price watch look for geforce cards and se what yuo can get for up to 200$

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

Thank you all for your advice. 250$ is still a bit much. I like to get prices from pricewatch, but narrowing down what I really want to by is some times difficult. I still use it though. And hey "old hand," what does GTS stand for? Is it a chipset made by many different makers, kind of like the TNT2? Or is it a brand of some kind. Thanks again.

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
GTS stands for Giga-texel-shader, a third generation shading engine. Ultra cool.

- "I forgot my shirt, but I had body glitter."

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Geforce2MX has a good price/performance balance, but the Geforce2 GTS is much more powerful. It really depends on your wants or needs.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
sunway graphics in CA (www.sg3d.com) has a good deal on a leadtek geforce2 32 meg card. it's like 172$ and they're a good company. they only do video computer stuff. and it's a solid card.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toonces on 01/13/01 01:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I know the feeling, im still working with a Creative Annihilator(Geforce SDR)(DONT LAUGH!), and it runs most games fine below 1024x768x32BPP BUT, i do want to buy a new card, fact is, i cant afford a GF Ultra(as so many people), but i was wondering when will there become GF2 MX's with DDR instead of the puny 166mhz mem on it,available?(300 mhz mem(150 DDR) THAT would give a serious boost to this cards abilities above 800x600x32, the mem is really crippling this card.(If im wrong please correct me)

G

your right. The geforce 2 mx is not a very good card for the money right now. Three months ago.... maybe. GF 2 GTS is the best card out there right now for the money. Leadtek or Asus are making the best cards. $170 to 220

G

Hey,

Well, I got a GeForce AGP 256 DDR 32MB for around $100. Aside from being a MAJOR power hog, it cranks in Q3.
(All settings maxed, 1280 X 1024, 60-90 FPS on the outside space levels).

I would recommend you read the geforce faq (www.geforcefaq.com) first to make sure that your power supply can handle it. Also, the card likes a refresh of 75 or above, so the monitor has to be good too...

Anubis