[SOLVED] I am going to overclock my old cpu Core 2 Duo E4700

Dec 6, 2021
Does anyone understand about overclocking?

I am going to overclock my cpu, but due to limited settings on the motherboard, I can only set CPU FSB, Memory Ratio, Memory Voltage, Timings

These are some of my questions
  1. What is FSB/Memory Ratio? Initially it was set to Auto and Memory Frequency at 667MHz, but when I changed it to 1:1, it changed to 400MHz. I know it's FSB:Memory Frequency (200:200), but is it safe for me to set it to 1:1 for overclocking? Or should it be?
  2. What is the difference between each Memory Ratio? (1:1 , 1:1.33 , 1:1.66). Are there certain conditions when using one of them?
  3. If when I change it to 1:1 (200:200), is it safe to overclock my CPU FSB until my Memory Frequency is at 667MHz? Will it damage any of my PC components?
  4. What is the use of Memory Voltage here?, if I change it to 1:1, Memory speed will decrease and it doesn't require high Memory Voltage.
  5. What is the use of Memory Timing in overclocking?

MY PC
MSI INTEL 945GC
CORE 2 DUO E4700 (FSB 200MHz)
DDR2 667MHZ

Yes, it's a very old component, but this is my first pc and I'm interested in overclocking

I hope to get the answer soon, thank you

Dubkiss

Commendable
Jan 26, 2021
Does anyone understand about overclocking?

I am going to overclock my cpu, but due to limited settings on the motherboard, I can only set CPU FSB, Memory Ratio, Memory Voltage, Timings

These are some of my questions
  1. What is FSB/Memory Ratio? Initially it was set to Auto and Memory Frequency at 667MHz, but when I changed it to 1:1, it changed to 400MHz. I know it's FSB:Memory Frequency (200:200), but is it safe for me to set it to 1:1 for overclocking? Or should it be?
  2. What is the difference between each Memory Ratio? (1:1 , 1:1.33 , 1:1.66). Are there certain conditions when using one of them?
  3. If when I change it to 1:1 (200:200), is it safe to overclock my CPU FSB until my Memory Frequency is at 667MHz? Will it damage any of my PC components?
  4. What is the use of Memory Voltage here?, if I change it to 1:1, Memory speed will decrease and it doesn't require high Memory Voltage.
  5. What is the use of Memory Timing in overclocking?
MY PC
MSI INTEL 945GC
CORE 2 DUO E4700 (FSB 200MHz)
DDR2 667MHZ

Yes, it's a very old component, but this is my first pc and I'm interested in overclocking

I hope to get the answer soon, thank you
Overclock your with YT video, like me , i overclocked my Q6600 via Bios and remember, more voltage = more heat

TRENDING THREADS