Info I am going to use 4800 ram on the DDR5 new platform this time. When DDR4 came out .....

Nov 11, 2021
When DDR4 came out I bought a little AsRock motherboard and I bought ram that was above 2133 and 2400 and the board would not run. So this time when buying the 12700 KF (no graphics chip) I am going to constrain myself to just 4800 ram as I do not want to be there with all these new expensive components because no one told the world you must use the ram specified in the cpu specifications (specs are ddr4 3200/DDR5 4800). So this cpu is about $430 bucks and the next one that runs the 5200 ram is twice, yes, twice as much. So look on the smart side, when you buy 4800 speed ram, you are buying the lowest speed there is for the new platform and also this kind of ram is what you use to repair old motherboards that someone made a problem out of. I will keep my pants up this time and since my name is Fartbottom, that will be much more aggreeable to others in proximity. Oh I am going to buy from Egg, I hope the asus dash P. This is a new platform and they are just getting these DDR5 modules working, there is huge amounts of wattage, which is preety boss. The new platform is crude and powerfull and I can remember my asrock clocking the cpu up to the moon , overdriving the heck out of the cpu like a beast that wants to run fast and you had to hold it back. They have probably fixed that with all their new overclocking softwares now-a-days, as we do not burn up our electrolitic capacitors like on DDR2 motherboards. The moral too this story is :buy the ram that goes with your cpu as they say. :)