[SOLVED] I am having a bunch of problems with my PC, "The Audio Service is not running" is one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelux008

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2014
Hi. So I have an issue with my PC. I moved houses (very far away) and I had it shipped in a package to my new home. When it arrived all sorts of problems started happening like getting the blue crash screen unless the PC case was put on its side on the ground (I stil have no idea why that is, I have to keep it like that) and my Windows showing me I'm not connected to the internet when I clearly am. But all of those are avoidable or not a problem at the moment.

My biggest problem is not having sound. The Windows clearly recognizes any audio device I plug into it (including my Arctis 7 wireless headphones) but it refuses to play sound.
I started digging around Google for possible fixes and I came upon one that said to run "services.msc" and restart the "Windows Audio" from there. My problem tho - I don't even have the "Restart" option available. When I try to click "Start" it doesn't let me, it gives me an error.

What does this error mean? How do I give it access to enable it?

View: https://imgur.com/dCHi2Dx

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

That said, are you comfortable with opening up the PC and doing some work inside?

Power down, unplug open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM,and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Inspect for signs of damage, pinched or kinked wires, bare conductor showing, melted insulation, bending, loose fans, anything. Loose screws or other objects free to move in the case.

Look around the I/O panel. Check ports for obstructions.

If you are not comfortable opening the case, etc. then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

Hopefully, the problem is a result of something just coming loose during the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.