Question I am having an issue with an Aorus gaming 7 Z370 PWM fan controllers aren't working properly...

beekermartin

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
All of a sudden a couple of my fan headers PWM control isn't working. One of the headers I have connected to an EK D5 PWM pump. All of a sudden the pump wasn't running. I went into the bios and double checked it was set properly and it was. Then I switched to voltage and the pump ran at full speed. I switched back to PWM and the fan slowed down to 600 rpms or so and then back to zero. I removed the header from the MB and when I reconnected it would jump up to 600 rpms again and then back to off. I then noticed two of my fans that are PWM will not spin past 600 rpms. If I set them to voltage they turn off. If I leave them at PWM and select full speed instead of normal their speed doesn't change. It stays at ~600 rpms. I have three other identical fans in the system and they will all spin up to ~1450 rpms when I set them to full speed in the bios.

So basically something has gone wrong with the PWM fan control on my motherboard. Does this sound like a bios issue or possibly a hardware issue?

beekermartin

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
I ended up flashing to the latest bios F13. I then cleared the CMOS and went into Windows with the everything in the bios set to the defaults. In the bios the PWM controller still wasn't working for the same three headers. In Windows I opened the Gigabyte SIV software and recalibrated the fans. I then went back into the bios and suddenly the three headers that weren't working now were working properly. I then reflashed back to the bios I had been using F6 and everything is still working.

I don't know if SIV which runs in windows can effect the bios fan settings but something strange was definitely going on. Hopefully the PWM control continues to work. I don't want to RMA the motherboard over such a minor issue. Especially since I have a monoblock and custom loop installed.