[SOLVED] I am having difficulty choosing between these two cards.

Feb 14, 2020
AORUS rtx 2070 super has a core clock of 1905 MHz and the rtx 2080 super has a core clock of 1840s ..I don't remember so does that mean I would get a better performance or almost the same as rtx 2080 super for gaming

Solution
No I was considering the clock speed difference between them
You're putting too much focus on clock speed.
Cuda cores > Power limit > Operating temp > Memory clock > Core clock

I don't even know why manufacturer's post boost clocks; they're misleading and pointless.
Nvidia's Gpu Boost algorithm will boost higher than those numbers anyway. You'd have to purposefully gimp the gpu's parameters to even see those advertised numbers.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Okay so s

Okay I understand but if I compare to all other variants of rtx 2070 super ..is it better ?
You're paying extra for the Aorus name, the factory overclock, the RGB, the cooler, and the higher power limit VS say, a 2070 Super Gaming OC.
Whether the premium is worth it depends on you.
There isn't going to be a significant difference in performance between an Aorus and a Gaming OC - were talking less than 5%.

Feb 14, 2020
You're paying extra for the Aorus name, the factory overclock, the RGB, the cooler, and the higher power limit VS say, a 2070 Super Gaming OC.
Whether the premium is worth it depends on you.
There isn't going to be a significant difference in performance between an Aorus and a Gaming OC - were talking less than 5%.
Okay so if I go for a gigabyte rtx 2070 super oc rather than the AORUS I wouldn't find any performance difference whatsoever

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No I was considering the clock speed difference between them

I don't even know why manufacturer's post boost clocks; they're misleading and pointless.
Nvidia's Gpu Boost algorithm will boost higher than those numbers anyway. You'd have to purposefully gimp the gpu's parameters to even see those advertised numbers.

Solution
Feb 14, 2020

Thank you man this is actually goanna help me in selecting the best for said price