[SOLVED] I am having issues with PC crashes and cant seem to figure out what is causing the issue.

jamesharris084

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
I built my PC around 2 years ago and have had issues with crashes throughout the time I have had this PC. The specs are as follows:

Intel I7-8700K
ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming Motherboard
ROG STRIX 1080TI OC
16 x GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 Ram
Corsair 850RX Modular Power Supply

I have taken it to 3 different computer repair places nearby me, and they are yet to find any issues causing these crashes, and each time they inform me that there are no issues with the PC. Could a peripheral possibly cause all these errors? I am currently unsure what to do as everything I try doesn't result in an improvement.

I have personally tried many different methods of diagnostic for each piece of hardware and doubt anything points to that, yet a lot of the errors I have, when looked up point to issues with the RAM. I doubt this again however as I have used Memtest on the ram, which came back with no errors.

Any further imput on this, or things I can try would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
What peripherals are you connecting?

Is your PC and/or peripherals all being connected to some common power strip/surge protector/outlet?

What error codes or warnings do you see in Reliability History and Event Viewer?

Especially any error codes that correspond with the crashes.

Did you or any of the three repair places open the case and reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.?

What about the PSU - heavy gaming use? Video editing, Bit-mining?

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?

Try checking the PSU voltages:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a true test per se as the PSU is not under load. However, out-of-spec voltages could be a possible...

Ralston18

Titan
What peripherals are you connecting?

Is your PC and/or peripherals all being connected to some common power strip/surge protector/outlet?

What error codes or warnings do you see in Reliability History and Event Viewer?

Especially any error codes that correspond with the crashes.

Did you or any of the three repair places open the case and reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.?

What about the PSU - heavy gaming use? Video editing, Bit-mining?

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it?

Try checking the PSU voltages:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a true test per se as the PSU is not under load. However, out-of-spec voltages could be a possible reason.

Solution

jamesharris084

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
Hi, I have the following peripherals:

Razer Deathadder Mouse
Razer Cynosa Keyboard
HyperX Cloud 2 Headset
and my monitor is a 1080p 144hz BenQ

They all run off the same group of sockets, so I might ask my dad to test them for reliability of output.

I have checked the errors within the Reliabiliky History and they all point towards Faulting Application Path. Is this an error with the RAM or storage?

Yes, the repair spots re-seated the GPU and I have re-seated the RAM myself.

Mostly my PC is used for gaming with some decent usage.

I think I might have a multi-meter, If so I will follow the steps in that tutorial, however with the Faulting Application Path I guess that points to something other than the power supply.

Thanks for your help so far :)

TRENDING THREADS