Question I am having some issues with my motherboard

Jul 21, 2022
So I just built my first pc and I'm having a few issues with the motherboard. When trying to turn on my computer, I am met with a beep, then a long beep, followed by 3 short beeps and then another beep. (Beep, pause, Long Beep, 3 consecutive beeps, pause, beep). I have an Asus motherboard and as far as I'm aware, all Asus motherboards have the same beep codes however I can't seem to find the one listed above online. Any help would be appreciated.

So I just built my first pc and I'm having a few issues with the motherboard. When trying to turn on my computer, I am met with a beep, then a long beep, followed by 3 short beeps and then another beep. (Beep, pause, Long Beep, 3 consecutive beeps, pause, beep). I have an Asus motherboard and as far as I'm aware, all Asus motherboards have the same beep codes however I can't seem to find the one listed above online. Any help would be appreciated.
If it's long beep and 3 short beeps then its conventional/extended memory failure. does it have debug led? try to unplug all ram leaving a ramless pc and try to boot, see if it produce the same beeps.

also full specs of your pc?

Jul 21, 2022
If it's long beep and 3 short beeps then its conventional/extended memory failure. does it have debug led? try to unplug all ram leaving a ramless pc and try to boot, see if it produce the same beeps.

also full specs of your pc?
When I take all the ram out, I'm now met with a long beep and 2 consecutive beeps. These beeps also repeat infinitely until I turn off the power supply. If I put the ram back into place, I'm met with the same beep code I got the first time.

Spec list:
Motherboard: Asus Prime B460m-A R2.0
CPU: i3-10100F
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
Ram: 8 Gb XPG GAMMIX D20 DDR4 (2 sticks)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500
Storage: Intel M.2 SSD 512 Gb

Last edited:
When I take all the ram out, I'm now met with a long beep and 2 consecutive beeps. These beeps also repeat infinitely until I turn off the power supply.

Spec list:
Motherboard: Asus Prime B460m-A R2.0
CPU: i3-10100F
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
Ram: 8 Gb XPG GAMMIX D20 DDR4 (2 sticks)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500
Storage: Intel M.2 SSD 512 Gb
okay seems like your gpu not getting detected, i just remembered the asus specific beeps. mine was asrock b560m pro4, and the beep 1 long 3 short = no gpu, i tried my 730 and it booted, so the 560 was on faulty.

try to short the cmos battery while the pc is running (with ram attached), then power off psu, lift off the short, take off battery, power on psu, press and hold power for 11 secs, then power off psu, put cmos back, and power on the board again.

Jul 21, 2022
okay seems like your gpu not getting detected, i just remembered the asus specific beeps. mine was asrock b560m pro4, and the beep 1 long 3 short = no gpu, i tried my 730 and it booted, so the 560 was on faulty.

try to short the cmos battery while the pc is running (with ram attached), then power off psu, lift off the short, take off battery, power on psu, press and hold power for 11 secs, then power off psu, put cmos back, and power on the board again.
Is there a video on how to do all of what you just said on youtube or another site? (to make things a bit easier)

Jul 21, 2022
Try using only 1 RAM testing witch slot is working, after that, updating ur bios to the latest version maybe will work fine, if still doing the same thing, look on your CPU slot if there is any bent Pin. Had the same issue with my B560 Aorus, have 1 bent pin only works the B1 and B2 Ram, and my gpu (GTX 1660 ti) only worked after i put an old 210 ddr3 to get video.

Reactions: CompuGuy71