[SOLVED] I am in big trouble... put computer to sleep and now it's not waking up, what so ever

whateverever

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
I think i put my computer to sleep, and when I tried to wake it up after 10-15 minutes, nothing, it was completely dead...

I switched off and tried to on but still dead.

No CPU fan or Case fans, power supply fan were switching on as well... However I could see lights on mother board Assus P9X79 Pro and graphics card GTX 670...

I disconnected hard disks, only power from each, i also removed graphics card and ram, 8 sticks and all of them... STILL nothing...

I took out CMOS battery for 30 seconds, still nothing...

At end I pressed CLR CMOS button on my motherboard and fans and lights and powersupply fan, all started and then immedialty turned off, i pressed this button a couple times...

Then I put only 1 ram and again it switches and then off

Then I put everything back to how it was before, pressed button and it turned on, but no display at all on monitor...

Now after few tries, again back to dead end...

No fans, nothing, what should i do ???

Is it power supply or is it motherboard or anything else...

if it is power supply then why all starts working when I click on CLR_CMOS button ??

Many thanks

Solution
PSUs do fail and I've had a couple muck about when they do.
I'd just buy another one - cheap ones are very cheap, and try it. If it's not that, you'll have a spare!
You could even resell it as "almost new" - it's very obs if they've been in use .

My PC shop tells me the expensive ones don't seem to last any longer. YMMV.! If you look at yours and the shop one you can check its size/connectors.
Sep 1, 2019
PSUs do fail and I've had a couple muck about when they do.
I'd just buy another one - cheap ones are very cheap, and try it. If it's not that, you'll have a spare!
You could even resell it as "almost new" - it's very obs if they've been in use .

My PC shop tells me the expensive ones don't seem to last any longer. YMMV.! If you look at yours and the shop one you can check its size/connectors.

Solution