i am in prepairing automatic repair loop. but my pc will not recognize my keyboard so i can't use my instalation disk,

jjohnn77

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
i am in "prepairing automatic repair" loop. but my pc will not recognize my keyboard so i can't use my instalation disk,or boot into" safe mode" whats happening....thanks..

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
First I would disconnect the power cable from the PSU to the wall outlet, then disconnect all power cables from the PSU to the motherboard, drives, GPU, etc and once everything is disconnected press the power button like 10 times then hold it in for about 30 seconds then let it go. After that plug everything back in and see if you can start it up....

What are your system specs? Does your motherboard have a ps/2 port a keyboard? (Circular purple port with about 6 holes in it) And do you have a ps/2 keyboard?

jjohnn77

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

its a gateway e-1 vision and.dual core, 500 gig hard drive 4 gig ram win.8,1 , I tried what you sugested to no avail...i have a ps2 key board, and i also tried a usb keyborad ...nothing...

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
When you power down your computer and then back on does it show the post screen or just go straight to "Repairing automatic repair..."? Try (preferably with a ps/2 keyboard) holding F8 while the computer is off and hit the start button to turn it on while still holding F8.