I am just curious to know

Solution
Because an operating system does more then most people ever know of. The os is the code that controls the hardware. It requires hours/hours/hours of work to make the os able to control all the different types of hardware out there. and also to take (programs and change it to where that hardware knows what it is suppose to actually be doing). Yes a os built for a single device can be small and simple. an os built to run on all different types of hardware is not simple. Microsoft could simplify themselves and say we only going to write an os to run lets say an Intel i7 xxxx cpu, on an asus xxxxx motherboard, with a Samsung xxx hard drive and then make a lot smaller, faster and near zero issues but then AMD/Gigibyte/westernditigianl exct...
Because an operating system does more then most people ever know of. The os is the code that controls the hardware. It requires hours/hours/hours of work to make the os able to control all the different types of hardware out there. and also to take (programs and change it to where that hardware knows what it is suppose to actually be doing). Yes a os built for a single device can be small and simple. an os built to run on all different types of hardware is not simple. Microsoft could simplify themselves and say we only going to write an os to run lets say an Intel i7 xxxx cpu, on an asus xxxxx motherboard, with a Samsung xxx hard drive and then make a lot smaller, faster and near zero issues but then AMD/Gigibyte/westernditigianl exct would be pissed off at them, and you would also have more of a monopliy like apple is where they design there own software and hardware (well not anymore) but it would be more reliable but then they would charge you more just because in the end......its all about the money, and they know you will have to buy Microsoft os because well they elemintated competition along time ago.

So its because They Want To Make Money

Solution

TRENDING THREADS