Question I am looking at getting a Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 for my Dell Optiplex 755. Physical dimensions aside,would this be compatible otherwise ?

May 8, 2020
Mid tower case,upgraded power supply,Sound Blaster Audigy LS.
4 Gb's ram. Currently running the 2.33 Ghz.
Currently running Vista Business
Windows 7 Professional upgrade next week.
E8600 3.3 Ghz Cpu upgrade also planned,just ordered it($19.00).
After the successful install of Windows 7,upgrading ram to 8 gb.
I know the PCI Express slots are supposedly backwards compatible.
But wanted to check.If you think my desktop is old,you should see my car.
Ok,so maybe it was an obvious question,my nephew answered it for me. So out of a hundred plus views ,no one bothered to answer. I'm adding a Crucial MX500 1tb for the main hd,and yes,even got the adapter for a 3.5" bay. WIll all this run cutting edge games ? Hell no,that's what my PS4 pro is for. Will it run World of Warcraft,Dungeons and Dragons online,and even Everquest(if the game is still live) ? Yes,and it will do it with headroom to spare,I'm betting. Stay healthy,people. I'll update when it's finished.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020
So,with everything except the new ram and video card,the build is a success so far. The difference in performance is like night and day. Have the RX 570 and 4 X 2 gb sticks of appropriate ram on order,should be here next week. Everquest runs like a champ,with Guild lobby lag,as almost everyone clusters there,but I expected that. Some slight lag in group play with overlapping spell graphics,but I expect the 8 gbs of ram and 4 gb video card will eliminate that. Future upgrades will be an Audigy RX sound card,for the on-card sound processing,and the Q9650 quad core,which can only improve the already vastly increased performance. Facebook even runs smoothly,until you scroll way down the homepage,but that was expected,too. Before the upgrades,it was struggling to even scroll smoothly at all,so bad I had to use my phone. The only other thing may be replacing the old school hard drive with another ssd,but using it for back-up storage/windows vista 2nd boot option at the moment. Plus leery of being able to run my older games(Diablo 2,Disciples 2,TOEE(Co8),and Warcraft 3) with Windows 7,even with compatibility mode. Until next week.