[SOLVED] I am looking for a good HDMI to DP adapter

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Not very long ago, I have bought an HDMI to DP adapter that can support 1080P 144hz from amazon. Unfortunately, it didn't even last two weeks, even though it cost me more than 20 bucks. Then I bought a 4K 60hz one that had a somewhat known brand, Delock, but it didn't support 1080P 144hz.
I don't know which one I should buy anymore, I want one that can support 144hz at 1080P without any problems and that won't fail. The difference between HDMI and DP is that DP uses a clock, so HDMI to DP adapters need to have active circuitry to create it. Unfortunately, this circuitry failed in my first adapter, making it so the PC does detect the monitor but not the opposite.

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
It is to use with an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0xxx laptop. It supports a 144hz video output by an HDMI 2.0 port.
The graphics card is a GTX 1660-Ti M with Max-Q Design
I have seen a 1080P 240hz capable adapter in the article on how to connect a 120hz+ display, but is it any good?
I play Minecraft bedrock edition on the device with 72 FPS (with drops) on the integrated display, but when I plug an external monitor and set it so the integrated display wouldn't light up, then I get above 200 FPS on my external monitor because it only uses the GPU graphics

It is to use with an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0xxx laptop. It supports a 144hz video output by an HDMI 2.0 port.
The graphics card is a GTX 1660-Ti M with Max-Q Design
I have seen a 1080P 240hz capable adapter in the article on how to connect a 120hz+ display, but is it any good?
I play Minecraft bedrock edition on the device with 72 FPS (with drops) on the integrated display, but when I plug an external monitor and set it so the integrated display wouldn't light up, then I get above 200 FPS on my external monitor because it only uses the GPU graphics
This one works well:

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I thought it was not working because I was displaying on both my laptop and the external monitor. But now I can truely set my refresh rate at 144hz.
You can close the thread, I had a very happy gaming experience without any adapter!

Reactions: Glenwing