I am looking for a quiet but cool mid tower atx case for my gaming rig...

thepcgamer099

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
I would like to replace my corsair spec 01 red led gaming case for a much higher quality, quieter and cooler case. Preferably I would like there to be plenty of cable room, as my psu is only semi modular, and to be honest I am no miracle maker when it comes to cable management. In fact I am quite bad at it, if possible does anybody know any tips or guides to help me in this field. But back to the main point, I very much have my eye on the Fractal Design Define r5 black case without the side window. I love the look of this case, except I have a slight problem with the price. I am willing to pay £90 on a case but it would take me a while to get that cash to buy and the price seems to be fluctuating very frequently on amazon. Out of interest does anybody know anywhere else where I can get this case good quality (second hand included) for cheaper. I love this case and I would like it sooner, but the seller would have to be in the UK, otherwise shipping costs could get quite high. I don't mind changing my case choice at all, and I would very much value your input as to what you think of the case too. I often leave my computer on whilst I sleep, and being in my room, sound is quite an important factor. However I would sacrifice quietness for coolness if I must because I feel my components are more important. Basically, do you know any good quality cases of that similar price range, providing the generic factors I am considering? Many thanks, Tom.

Legion93

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I would suggest getting the Coolermaster HAF X, however considering your budget and that you want a mid tower case, you might want to check out the Coolermaster Silencio 452 or the 652S. I would recommend buying Corsair or Coolermaster cases, both are really good quality. It also depends do you want a case that looks 'cool' or a case with good interior space, better airflow, etc. Some cases that often look quite cool often have very low airflow and quality is not superior.