[SOLVED] I am looking for an affordable ultrawide monitor for gaming, and am stuck between a couple of LGs

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I am looking for a cheap ultrawide monitor and am stuck between 3 Lg models. LG-29UM69G-B is one of them, and this one is marketed as "gaming" and costs a modest 249.99, but I see another one from best buy, the Lg-29WL500-B, which is the same price and has most of the same features as the aforementioned... Except the wl500 has hdr10 and a slower refresh rate at 5ms, and the um69g has 5-1ms refresh and no hdr. There is also one more model, the -LG-29WK500-P, which is slightly cheaper than the previous two, at about 210$. I am stuck between the first two and maybe the third. I am also wondering if there are any better options within my price range of under 300 USD.

Solution
I found one more model from my local micro center’s website, the lg-29WK600-W, for 199.99. This looks similar and has hdr, so is this the best option, or does the gaming ones features make it worth the extra 50$
The HDR and non HDR ones are both good for gaming. With mine I found that even if I enabled HDR in Windows & in the game the colors really never looked right although it probably needs further calibration so I left it with HDR off & I found the RTS preset to be the best all around preset for my games. I would disregard the 5MS response time as that shouldn't have a negative effect on your gaming even with FPS and because it's a 21:9 and as long as the game supports it you'll actually have a wider peripheral which can...

WildCard999

Titan
I have the LG 34WK650-W and wasn't too impressed with the HDR so going with a non HDR version wouldn't be a bad thing as IPS looks great.

For just over your budget you can get the 34" version. For gaming 34" is great although for some web text can be slightly blurry however you can just adjust the page size.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 34UM69G-B 34.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz Monitor ($302.43 @ Amazon)
Total: $302.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-26 10:03 EDT-0400

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V6prxr/lg-34wk650-w-340-2560x1080-60hz-monitor-34wk650-w

It's a little bit more expensive at Best Buy however if they have it in stock on display you may want to check it out before buying and if you live near a Microcenter you may be able to get it for even cheaper then online. I got mine at Microcenter for $299 (It was $349 online).

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I found one more model from my local micro center’s website, the lg-29WK600-W, for 199.99. This looks similar and has hdr, so is this the best option, or does the gaming ones features make it worth the extra 50$

WildCard999

Titan
The HDR and non HDR ones are both good for gaming. With mine I found that even if I enabled HDR in Windows & in the game the colors really never looked right although it probably needs further calibration so I left it with HDR off & I found the RTS preset to be the best all around preset for my games. I would disregard the 5MS response time as that shouldn't have a negative effect on your gaming even with FPS and because it's a 21:9 and as long as the game supports it you'll actually have a wider peripheral which can help with people trying to flank you and gives better immersion in slower paced/single player games. The only downside that I found is that I was getting stuttering even though my FPS was stable and the fix for it was buying a Displayport cable.

Solution