Question I am looking the best choice for Video Card for RENDERING! I need help!

vasilis125

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Hello guys,

I want your help. I am a webmaster and I use almost every day Adobe Premier, After Effects, Photoshop. I have a i5-4690K, 32GB RAM DDR3-1600Mhz and all this time I use the INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4600 (The graphics of the CPU).

But I think that a video card will help me even more in my work. So I want to buy one. The problem is that I was looking video cards on the internet and I got lost. They are so many out there, that I really do not know which to buy. The most reviews that I read say that they all perform well, but they talk about video games. So, I have 2 questions:

1. When a video card is perfoming well on video games, will perform well on video editing too?
  2. What value for money video cards do you suggest from my PC, at the range of 150 - 250$?

I will appreciate your help, because I really do not know which video card to buy !!! Before 8 years, that I bought my last video card was much more to decide, hehe !!!

If you want to do 4K, then you'll have to start paying for professional solutions.

And it all comes down to format. Both NVIDIA and AMD have solutions tailored to this market. However the problem being raw data often has to be sent to the video card. More memory helps here (16 Gigs GPU memory) However the capabilities differ.

Linus Tech Tips has videos on how he composites his videos and hardware used using Premier/etc. It's a lot of experimentation to get the right settings to get it to run at a reasonable speed.

vasilis125

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
If you want to do 4K, then you'll have to start paying for professional solutions.

And it all comes down to format. Both NVIDIA and AMD have solutions tailored to this market. However the problem being raw data often has to be sent to the video card. More memory helps here (16 Gigs GPU memory) However the capabilities differ.

Linus Tech Tips has videos on how he composites his videos and hardware used using Premier/etc. It's a lot of experimentation to get the right settings to get it to run at a reasonable speed.

Thanks for the quick answer. I normally edit on Full HD (1080p). Any suggestiong for specific models?

TRENDING THREADS