[SOLVED] I am looking to build a VR experience center & searching for good places to purchase a batch of pre-built gaming rigs at batch pricing. Where can I?

Feb 25, 2020
I am looking to build a VR experience center & searching for good places to purchase a batch of pre-built gaming rigs for batch pricing. Where can I?

I know there are the vendors such as Dell.com, HP.com and so on, but their customer support is terrible. Is there somewhere cheaper or other good PC assemblers? What other options do I have?

Thank you very much for your time, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Solution
That's exactly why I'm asking where else can I buy, other than vendors, that'll give me a good price for the aforementioned 10 units. I'm not aiming to buy from large vendors if I can avoid it. Do you know any good websites/PC builders?

Find a local computer shop and talk to them or just build your own. If you use sysprep and imaging software you would just need to build 10 systems then dump an image one them with all of the programs and drivers already done saving a lot of time. There are a lot of good PC builders but they charge quite a bit for the work they do, Origin PC, etc... or just get a standard setup from Dell, HP, Lenovo. You won't really get cheaper than those larger vendors unless it's some 17 yr kid doing the...
Feb 25, 2020
How many units? I doubt you would see any batch/bulk pricing for any reasonable number of units.

I am looking to start with 10, and expand from there. This is my dream business project for me and I want to do it right! I'm using my own life savings.

At 10 units, I'm sure I can get a reasonable discount. After all, I'm also building high-end (doesn't have to be top-end) units. I'm looking around the power of GTX 1080 Ti's and good high-end i7's, not necessarily RTX 2080's and i9's.

Thank you for your response by the way :)

Last edited:
See I would find it hard to believe any vender would offer a discount for just 10 units.

You might be able to get a bulk discount from a service/shop that builds systems for you, but a large retailer like HP/Dell/Etc would easily charge you full price when they have million unit contracts and such.

Its not going to hurt to contact these venders directly, but you are probably going to pay a premium over just building them yourself. (Which I wouldnt blame you for, 10 units+ for a business is something you want done right).

Feb 25, 2020
See I would find it hard to believe any vender would offer a discount for just 10 units.

You might be able to get a bulk discount from a service/shop that builds systems for you, but a large retailer like HP/Dell/Etc would easily charge you full price when they have million unit contracts and such.

Its not going to hurt to contact these venders directly, but you are probably going to pay a premium over just building them yourself. (Which I wouldnt blame you for, 10 units+ for a business is something you want done right).

That's exactly why I'm asking where else can I buy, other than vendors, that'll give me a good price for the aforementioned 10 units. I'm not aiming to buy from large vendors if I can avoid it. Do you know any good websites/PC builders?

Find a local computer shop and talk to them or just build your own. If you use sysprep and imaging software you would just need to build 10 systems then dump an image one them with all of the programs and drivers already done saving a lot of time. There are a lot of good PC builders but they charge quite a bit for the work they do, Origin PC, etc... or just get a standard setup from Dell, HP, Lenovo. You won't really get cheaper than those larger vendors unless it's some 17 yr kid doing the work. And some of those kids actually do a pretty good job if they really like computers.

Solution