I am looking to buy a mechanical keyboard and mouse for gaming.

Vighnesh Misal

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Hi! I am from India and have been looking at several keyboards from Corsair (Strafe, K70), Razer(BlackWidow) and Logitech(Orion). Similarly I have looked at the mice(mouse?) from Logitech and some companies I have never heard of.

My maximum budget is 10k INR and I would like help in choosing a keyboard+mouse (it would be great if they are a combo).

Also there is some company called TVSE offering really cheap mechanical keyboards. Are they good? I remember reading a thread about it on Tomshardware, but I wonder if it's as good as the aforementioned names.

Solution
At home i use a Saitek Eclipse keyboard with a razer deathadder mouse. At work i use a Razer blackwidow keyboard and deathadder mouse.

The keyboard and mouse at home ive been gaming with for about 6-7 years now without any issues. I just recently upgraded my keyboard and mouse at work, the one thing i noticed with the blackwidow stealth that i have is the keys would bottom out and be very noisy with the plastic to plastic contact. I ended up pulling every key off and adding a small o-ring which has quieted it down about 80%
At home i use a Saitek Eclipse keyboard with a razer deathadder mouse. At work i use a Razer blackwidow keyboard and deathadder mouse.

The keyboard and mouse at home ive been gaming with for about 6-7 years now without any issues. I just recently upgraded my keyboard and mouse at work, the one thing i noticed with the blackwidow stealth that i have is the keys would bottom out and be very noisy with the plastic to plastic contact. I ended up pulling every key off and adding a small o-ring which has quieted it down about 80%

Solution

Seaweed Monster

Honorable
Jun 7, 2014
I've had a good experiences with my G700s from logitech, battery is a bit short but comes with a cable to plug and play; while charging.

I have the Razer tournament edition 2014. Had it for about 2 years and still runs true. The Razer keys tend to be more heavier to push, then for example cherry MX brown keys.

All depends on your style. However, going with big brands, you will not be disappointed.