Question I am looking to buy a new laptop please suggest which one I should buy?

ankitpandey

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
My Dear and Respected Members,

Hope you all are doing great.

I am looking to buy a new Gaming Laptop. My budget is under INR 1.5 Lakhs. Although I can think for stretching it a bit more for a great product

I am looking for a high performance, durable laptop. I am looking for Gaming Laptop with Nvidia card and latest Intel Processor, Cooling option, High quality sound, number of ports should be good not limited to just 1 or 2, great connectivity to wifi, headphones, microphones, integrated webcam etc.

The purpose of laptop will be work and gaming both. Therefore, it should work great with programming and general office work along with providing good gaming support.

After sale support in India is also very important for me so that I do not run into any trouble after buying the laptop.

I am currently using Omen by HP Laptop (Omen HP Laptop 15-ax248TX). The laptop was great, I would rate 6/10 and it’s been 4 years.

I loved its performance excluding the product build. And I am looking for something better than this now in the gaming series from performance point of view.

One thing I noticed with my Omen was that although the performance was good but the product build was not good, since I had warranty so all went well but the build product quality was not very good given its cost.

All I am looking is a good and durable product on which I can rely.

Friends a quick question? Does laptops come with eye protection screens as well. I work for close to 12-14 hours daily with my machine so just wanted to know if any laptop come with eye protection as well. I think Apple come with that but not interested in Apple currently. Please suggest if there are any such laptop along with above specifications.

Please suggest which one I should go for?

Looking forward to hearing back from you all soon.

With much love and affection

Thank you

Last edited:

ankitpandey

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
Thank you so much for replying back. I am from India, I will be buying from offline store. They will take my order and then order it from the selected brand. However please feel free to suggest if you any recommendations for online store available in India.

A word of caution:
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
Look for a unit with very good cooling capability.
Be prepared to restrict performance if you get throttling.

If you can't see one in person, look for a good laptop review.
From what I can see, the Lenovo Legion and thinkpad x1 units have decent ventilation for the cooling systems.

Some of the Lenovo units can be customized as to the screens.
There will be screen options as to resolution and brightness.
A good review may address your questions about eye strain.
I suspect a 500 nit screen is what you need.

Could you let me know what games you play and at what settings.

Then I will need screen size and battery life you want.

Then I will need some links as I don't know the Indian sites.

As for eye comfort, windows does have that by default which will warm the display for you.