I am looking to see who is sniffing my web traffic, How can I Do This.

Yo_Yo_Yo

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
Need Help Figuring Out Whos Traffic Monitoring My NetWork If Possible

I have WireShark Recordings on idle, and browsing, not sure if i can post them here

my computer is deffinitly hacked. also if someone refers to being hacked by "neighbors" what does it tend to mean?

Traffic monitoring especially with tools like wireshark is completely passive. There of course has to be a method to get access to the data but this is generally a function of the switch/router to send a copy of the data to another device. Still even this can be done passively. Things like fiber taps actually just steal a tiny bit of the light.

If you are worried about this you must assume your traffic is always being captured and take steps like encryption with https to make the captured data less useful.

kanewolf

Titan
A neighbor hacking your system would be an intrusion on WIFI. Ensure you are using WPA2 encryption, and a strong passphrase. Disable WPS on your router or completely disable WIFI if really concerned.

If you are concerned about the computer being hacked, then wipe out the hard drive and install from known clean media.

drockinwv

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I use this particular router ASUS RT-AC87U and I can see/control who can use my internet. If there are people using my service without my knowledge I can kick them off and block them. Im sure there are other routers that have this capability but this is the one I use.