[SOLVED] I am looking to upgrade my GPU, help me pick one

Ykcud

Reputable
Apr 10, 2020
A friend of mine got me hooked on Ark: Survival Evolved, but my I feel like my GPU is lagging behind a bit. I want to find one that can run at ultra settings on a 1440p monitor at, at least 30 fps. Here is my rig so far:

Ryzen 7 2700x
32GB of DDR4 3000 MT/s (4 modules total)
GigaByte B450 board
1TB NVMe SSD
RX 580 8GB
600 watt PSU

Right now it is able to run at medium setting at an average of 30 fps. I want it to do more. I am hoping I can find a GPU (used or new) for about $300 or less (preferably less) that will be able to get the performance I want. I usually go AMD, but depending on price, I may get NVIDIA (I do like the idea of seeing what it is like to play Minecraft with ray tracing). I am one of those people that can't really see a difference after maybe 40 fps.

I am sad to retire my RX 580; for something that cost me $115, it exceeded my expectations, but alas, I knew the time would come.

I also sometimes like to stream, so I am wondering if the amount of VRAM will matter if I get something that has 8GB vs 6GB.

So far I am considering the following GPUs (used for most of them):

RX 5600 XT
RX 5700
GTX 1070 Ti
GTX 1080
RTX 2060
Vega 64

As a side note, I am from the United States and I am not expecting to be playing many AAA games. Actually this one was a sort of a fluke because of the virus. Ark is likely the most demanding game I will play for the foreseeable future.

Solution
get an rx 5600xt and flash the bios to the rx 5700
or a 5700 and flash the bios to the 5700xt bios.

if you arent info flashing bios and stuff, get a 1070 ti