[SOLVED] I am losing my mind at this unsolvable PC freezing issue (please help)

Jul 5, 2020
In early March, this year, I purchased a new gaming PC. Along with the store, I chose my components and parts and they put it together for me.

But the thing is, it keeps freezing whenever I play games (and sometimes when randomly using it). The type of freeze where everything stops, and a strange loud buzzing sound accompanies it.

I have tried updating all the drivers, re-installing the nvidia driver, manually updating to the most recent windows version, cleaning up temp files and corrupt files, nothing worked.

After this, I went to the store where I bought the parts and where the pc was assembled for testing and a diagnosis.

They performed the following tests:"Furmark 1h, Intel Burntest 1h, Unigine heaven 5 loop, Superposition 10min, CS:GO (10 rounds), Successful HDD and SSD tests".

Then telling me the hardware was all fine so it had to be a software/OS issue, recommending I re-install a fresh version of Windows.
I did this, but the issue continues exactly the same.

I'm losing my mind because it seems like I've covered every possible solution and nothing has worked. If you have any ideas or advice, please help!

My specs are as follows:
  • Processor: Intel core i9 9900 F 8 Core
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
  • Graphics card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
  • Ram: 32GB (16x2)
  • Power Source: Modular Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold

Solution
If, when you boot your system, you see the Power On Self Test (POST) screen it's shown there. Otherwise, you should be able to find it by rebooting your system and entering BIOS,

Reference Pg 43 of your motherboard manual downloadable from here.

-Wolf sends
Jul 5, 2020
What version of BIOS is installed? Assuming you meant the I9-9900KF, there are two version of the processor. One works with the original BIOS, the other requires a BIOS update to version 1.4.

-Wolf sends
Hey, thanks for the reply. Pardon my ignorance but how to I find this out?

Wolfshadw

Titan
If, when you boot your system, you see the Power On Self Test (POST) screen it's shown there. Otherwise, you should be able to find it by rebooting your system and entering BIOS,

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jul 5, 2020

-Wolf sends
Yeah it's not there so I'll have to look in the bios. Thanks!

Aug 4, 2020
can you open your case and the next time it does that sound can you put your ear close enough to know if its from your CPU cooler, GPU fan, or your PSU or your HDD? the freezes could be most likely caused by your RAM. or your harddisk is failing.