[SOLVED] I am not getting the expected fps in fortnite

izankhan9

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
I have

Ryzen 3 1200 oced to 3.7ghz at 1.3315v, and ddr4 2400mhz oced to 2666mhz at 1.2v, and an rx 570 sapphire nitro 4gb and a evga 450bt. It is suppose to be over 100 fps in all low except view distance but I drop down to 70 and sometimes lower.

Solution
Are your motherboard's drivers up to date? Gpu drivers?
Have you done any virus/malware scans?
Do you have any auto-install driver programs?
Check the integrity of Windows files? Link: Using System File Checker

Fortnite, or any mass multiplayer type game for that matter, is cpu heavy. At just 4 cores + slow memory, you can't expect too much.
This doesn't take into account storage drives, background activity, nor current drivers.
Unless you have the EXACT same hardware and drivers as these other people, your PC is performing as expected.

And now you're bringing up moving up a 2600x, but still plan to keep the slower memory?
While it'll solve the multi-thread limitations, performance isn't going to improve much in games that are...

izankhan9

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
Cpu is below 95 most of the time, and gpu Is at 81 degrees, ram usage is at 6gb, cpu is at around 65*, and I experience stutters too, while others with my setup dont

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
For the ryzen 3 1200 2666mhz is fine, since a lot of people use it and experience good fps, also it's dual channel
Well... if ya'll say so.

Being that the Ryzen 1200 is just a 4 core cpu, and this is for Fortnite, you really can't afford to have anything other than the bare minimum processes - Windows, the game and launcher - running in the background.
Is this a fresh build, or have you had this for awhile?

Reactions: DMAN999

izankhan9

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018
Well... if ya'll say so.

Being that the Ryzen 1200 is just a 4 core cpu, and this is for Fortnite, you really can't afford to have anything other than the bare minimum processes - Windows, the game and launcher - running in the background.
Is this a fresh build, or have you had this for awhile?
I'm gonna be upgrading to the 2600x during holidays, so I'm gonna be gaming on this til then

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Fortnite, or any mass multiplayer type game for that matter, is cpu heavy. At just 4 cores + slow memory, you can't expect too much.
This doesn't take into account storage drives, background activity, nor current drivers.
Unless you have the EXACT same hardware and drivers as these other people, your PC is performing as expected.

And now you're bringing up moving up a 2600x, but still plan to keep the slower memory?
While it'll solve the multi-thread limitations, performance isn't going to improve much in games that are more dependent on strong single cores.
Unlike Intel cpus, a fair bit of Ryzen's performance is gated behind memory speed. The cpu and memory work in tandem, that's why its performance is also affected.

Solution

izankhan9

Commendable
Oct 16, 2018

While it'll solve the multi-thread limitations, performance isn't going to improve much in games that are more dependent on strong single cores.
Unlike Intel cpus, a fair bit of Ryzen's performance is gated behind memory speed. The cpu and memory work in tandem, that's why its performance is also affected.
Other people were using 2400mhz and 2666mhz ram, also I might upgrade 16gb 3200mhz