[SOLVED] I am out of ideas. Asus anti surge has destroyed me.

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Hey everyone,

I got the dreaded Asus Anti Surge message a couple days ago and did some poking around and decided to buy a new PSU. I replaced that one incorrectly and ruined my hard drive (that one is on me) but eventually got everything working. I started up a game and boom asus anti surge is back. So my old PSU had no problems at all and I ruined and lost all my files for no reason. I have checked all power connections, updated BIOS and even disabled anti surge. When I disabled anti-surge, something is still getting triggered and shutting down what I would assume to be my graphics card because the displays go off while I still have sound. I am defeated and sad and out of ideas. Should I just take it in for repairs at this point?

Thanks

Was anything overclocked? Did you set things to stock speeds when trouble-shooting? Did you make sure everything is plugged in correctly from the power supply, seated tightly? Did you happen to re-use modular cables if the PSU has those? Did you test anything else like with a different video card?

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Was anything overclocked? Did you set things to stock speeds when trouble-shooting? Did you make sure everything is plugged in correctly from the power supply, seated tightly? Did you happen to re-use modular cables if the PSU has those? Did you test anything else like with a different video card?

I've never overclocked anything, everything is plugged in correctly and all with new cables. I don't have a different video card but isn't it possible to run without one, maybe I could test running through the cpu.