[SOLVED] I am searching for a PSU for heavy using .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei Sergyu

Commendable
May 9, 2020
Solution
A rx580 typically requires a 6 and an 8 pin power connector.
Either of your two choices would, in theory do the job.

I am unfamiliar with either brand.
If you have been burnt before with a bad psu, I suggest you look at a known quality unit like seasonic.

Wattage is not everything.
Bronze rating is not all.
Quality counts.

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and...
A rx580 typically requires a 6 and an 8 pin power connector.
Either of your two choices would, in theory do the job.

I am unfamiliar with either brand.
If you have been burnt before with a bad psu, I suggest you look at a known quality unit like seasonic.

Wattage is not everything.
Bronze rating is not all.
Quality counts.

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

Solution
Hello , i had a PSU that burned under the heavy load and now im searching for one that can sustain my PC specs(8 GB DDR3 , i5 2500k performance BIOS - no overclocking , RX 580 8 GB , 3 120mm case fans , 1TB HDD and 120 SSD)using my PC for heavy gaming and 4K video watching and i have this two PSU-s in my mind : https://www.serioux.ro/produs/sursa-600w-solas-bronze-80-bronze/ and https://www.serioux.ro/produs/sursa-pc-650w-solas-bronze-80-bronze/

Both of those PSUs are garbage.

If you want to stop burning through power supplies, stop buying garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.