Question I am switching from an AMD iGPU (Vega 8) to an Nvidia GPU (GTX 1050ti)

Jun 5, 2022
Hey everyone,

All the tutorials I see is about dedicated GPU switching. Is there any difference if I change from an iGPU? If so, what is the process when switching?

Thanks.

Most of the Bios do’it automatically. If a GPU is detected it works with the GPU.
If no GPU, iGPU is activated automatically.
There is also a setting in the BIOS where you can manually enable or disable one or the other.
This is the usual situation, but as you did not give any indication on your motherboard, exceptions exist

DSzymborski

Titan
Hey everyone,

All the tutorials I see is about dedicated GPU switching. Is there any difference if I change from an iGPU? If so, what is the process when switching?

Thanks.

Not quite sure what the question is or what a tutorial would actually be. The process is inserting the GPU and then connecting the monitor to the GPU instead of the motherboard. From your post, it sounds as if you're asking about something more specific, but I'm not sure what.

Jun 5, 2022
Hi,

What I meant was if I have AMD Adrenalin drivers because I've been using an integrated GPU for a while, do I need to uninstall it first before inserting a dedicated GPU and then installing the dedicated GPU drivers?

Thanks.