[SOLVED] I am target of scammers

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
I have following problem: Seems like my email is targeted by the same group spammers. I'm receiving emails that my paypal account has been limited and I need to update my account information or that my Netflix billing information needs to be updated. Those emails look like realistic, but if you pay close attention, you will notice that senders are not from real PayPal or Netflix. It's a scam emails for sure, I mark "report junk", then I choose "phishing" and then my email client is asking me "Do you want to send a copy of this message to Microsoft so we can improve our phishing detection and protect users like you?" I choose "yes" & hit "report" button. Then those emails go to "Deleted" folders, but problem is I still see those emails and senders are different. For example first fake Netflix email sender was <<removed by MOD>> I received this email on Aug 3. Then on Aug 11, I again received same fake Netflix email but sender was <<removed by MOD>>.

So, I'm basically swarmed by these scammers. Is there any solution for this? I don't want to make new Microsoft email account because of this. Oh, and when they send those emails it doesn't go in junk email automatically. It goes in my inbox. Otherwise this problem wouldn't bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Just to clarify some thing.

You can act as an angel on the internet, never do anything wrong. Never reveal your mail address to anybody except those you communicate with.

Problem is : Those people that have your email address on their list may get malware on their computers. Malware collects any saved mail address, sending the list to some criminal dudes who selling those list to whoever scammer that sending out those scam mails.

This is a problem for mail in general, and you can't do nothing to prevent yourself for scammers to not get your mail address on their lists 💩

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
You are not alone in receiving this type of junk/spam/scam content. It is just a factor of being connected to the Interwebs. Even establishing a new email account will have this problem, eventually.
One interesting thing I noticed - I have 2 emails - one on Google and another one on Microsoft. I don't have this problem on my gmail. Yes, of course, I'm getting spam, but they go straight to the spam folder and I'm never bothered with them, but I have this problem on my Microsoft account. Sadly, I'm getting those spams, straight in my inbox instead of junk. Does this mean Google has better spam detector than Microsoft?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
The worst for spamming but most go in Spam folder is yahoo. Microsoft is pretty secure and Gmail puts it in junk and you usually never get that type of scam where you click on it and it steals your online account with different sites and what not. Or that you haven't payed your bill and click to pay etc. My father get's these a lot but it all depends how safe you browse and how you have a secondary e-mail just for junk, so you sign up to stupid sites with this e-mail ya know. :sneaky:

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
The worst for spamming but most go in Spam folder is yahoo. Microsoft is pretty secure and Gmail puts it in junk and you usually never get that type of scam where you click on it and it steals your online account with different sites and what not. Or that you haven't payed your bill and click to pay etc. My father get's these a lot but it all depends how safe you browse and how you have a secondary e-mail just for junk, so you sign up to stupid sites with this e-mail ya know. :sneaky:
I almost got tricked by that fake Netflix email. It looked very similar to the email that Netflix sends. I clicked on the link, but couldn't open or something, then I looked at the sender and bummer! I was glad I couldn't open the link. Next time, I'll be more attentive and look straight at the senders.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I almost got tricked by that fake Netflix email. It looked very similar to the email that Netflix sends. I clicked on the link, but couldn't open or something, then I looked at the sender and bummer! I was glad I couldn't open the link. Next time, I'll be more attentive and look straight at the senders.
Yes, thank goodness your ok. As I said this is why you have a e-mail account just for stupid sites you go to register and what not. Then you have a private and safe e-mail ya know, and you won't get this kind of stuff or less of it.

Reactions: Dean0919

You can act as an angel on the internet, never do anything wrong. Never reveal your mail address to anybody except those you communicate with.

Problem is : Those people that have your email address on their list may get malware on their computers. Malware collects any saved mail address, sending the list to some criminal dudes who selling those list to whoever scammer that sending out those scam mails.

This is a problem for mail in general, and you can't do nothing to prevent yourself for scammers to not get your mail address on their lists 💩

Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

It is also safe to use some anti phising and malware application always running. Also set your browser to higher sescurity and disable tracking cookies so they can't trace your e-mail and what not.

TRENDING THREADS