[SOLVED] I am unable to change my folders off of read only

Dec 21, 2020
My files are unable to change off of read only for some reason. When i uncheck read only, and apply, when i reopen properties, it is checked again. I've made sure that i am the owner of my windows, my c drive, my hard drive, everything. I even booted up safe mode and tried through that. i have no idea what else to do.

Last edited:
Solution
All folders in win 10 are marked as read only, not just C drive.

It shouldn't matter though as your permissions should let you change most files... unless they are system folders, then you don't own them. The PC does.

USAFRet

Titan
My files are unable to change off of read only for some reason. When i uncheck read only, and apply, when i reopen properties, it is checked again. I've made sure that i am the owner of my windows, my c drive, my hard drive, everything. I even booted up safe mode and tried through that. i have no idea what else to do.
What files and folders, specifically?

On the C drive, they are generally read only, until some OS function needs to do something with them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
All folders in win 10 are marked as read only, not just C drive.

It shouldn't matter though as your permissions should let you change most files... unless they are system folders, then you don't own them. The PC does.

Solution