i am unable to connect my Netgear router to my windows 10 laptop.

bg2457

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
I have a N300 Netgear WIFI Router and have it hooked up to my smartphone but when I got this new laptop it shows up the Netgear 49 in the WIFI coluumn on the laptop but when I press on it it wants a security code. I finally found it on my smartphone connection details and Netgear said it is the security code for all the devices but won't help me further without paying them over $100 for a yearly service contract since my 90 day free service is over.I punched in the security code and it will not accept. It also says in instructions that i can turn the router on and off by the switch and will connect automatically but does not.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
yea the security code would be i assume the router password for you to change settings in your router for example wifi code glad you got it working

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
look at the back of your router there should be the codes for example the wifi code and the router code plug in an Ethernet cable just to see if it is your router having issues as ethernet is faster than wifi

bg2457

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016

I found a password and it worked even though it said to punch in security code which is different from the password.
Thanks!