Oct 12, 2016
This may be a long story.

I first bought my PC a couple months ago and the specs were:

ASUS B450-m micro atx motherboard

Ryzen 2200g

8gb of corsair ram

650 watt psu

An old case and monitor I had before

I then upgraded to a 980ti I found on FB marketplace in anticipation of buying a new CPU shortly thereafter.

My computer ran fine, but shortly after installing my 980 TI my computer would have instant restarts. No BSOD, no warning, it would just shut off and restart. Sometimes it would end up in a rolling restart loop.

I changed my PSU to a new one and that didn't fix anything. Then i reseated my 980ti and as soon as I turned my PC on, a chip on my gpu fried right before my eyes. Like on fire lol. So i quickly shut off and took the thing out and put in an old 480 my friend had and no more restarting etc. I felt like I had just gotten a bum GPU for what I thought was a steal, but turned out to be kind of a scam.

So I bought a 2060 thinking it was only the GPU but now I can see that something different has been wrong perhaps the whole time because with my new current rig I know I should be maxing out certain games like Rising Storm 2, and I should be able to smash R6 Siege at max and do Wildlands at high very well, but I can only play most games at the lowest settings if I want to get decent frames.

Part of me thinks this is the motherboards issue, because it came with some broken USB ports and a couple other things that worried me, that I didn't notice until it was already too late to return the motherboard.

Im at a total loss here and am hoping somebody can point me in the direction of what I should do next to remedy this situation because I've never built such a shitty "new" PC.

I'll post the DxDiag if anybody thinks it will help, thanks guys.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Is the 2060 plugged into the pci x16 slot on the motherboard? I'm assuming so.

You also need to make sure that the 2060 is even being utilized. the 2200g has a built in GPU that could be defaulting which would explain the low performance.

Slothpawz

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Is the 2060 plugged into the pci x16 slot on the motherboard? I'm assuming so.

You also need to make sure that the 2060 is even being utilized. the 2200g has a built in GPU that could be defaulting which would explain the low performance.
Yes it’s plugged in properly and I disabled the APU in my BIOS months ago.