[SOLVED] I am unsure if it is compatible with my alienware aurora r5

Oct 8, 2019
I have an alienware aurora r5 with a amd radeon rx 480. I have no clue what type of motherboard I have and I am looking to upgrade to the Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 590 GAMING 8G but I'm not sure if it is compatible.

Solution
Tentatively it shouldn't be a problem. Though some system integraters do lock out certain hardware changes via BIOS.

Use something like HWiNFO to find out your motherboard model. It's possible to see if anyone has used a different graphics card with it using the Userbenchmark site providing some peace of mind.

EDIT: Also depends on the PSU in the system too, so you'd want to check the wattage of yours.
Tentatively it shouldn't be a problem. Though some system integraters do lock out certain hardware changes via BIOS.

Use something like HWiNFO to find out your motherboard model. It's possible to see if anyone has used a different graphics card with it using the Userbenchmark site providing some peace of mind.

EDIT: Also depends on the PSU in the system too, so you'd want to check the wattage of yours.

Solution