I am very upset with 0x80070057

Brian_30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hello,
I receintly downloaded the update for windows live mail 2011. I receive an error code 0x80070057 every time I try to send out an e-mail. It worked just fine before the update and I want my old version back. I have Win7 64bit and a pretty fast computer. Someone please help me, it is part of my job to get these e-mails in and out. Also, I am upset that every time I open the Win Live Mail 2011 it wants me to log in using a win live account. I don't use a Win Live account at work and don't plan to. How do I get it to stop asking me to log in. Maybe it's time to seek out a new e-mail program all together.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

In researching the error code 0x80070057, reports say it usually means there is a message stuck in your outbox that cannot be sent. This makes sense with the error msg every time you try to send an email.

To get rid of that unsent message,
File > Work offline
Open your Outbox (below the account folders in the Folder pane)
View > Show or hide > Show all messages
Delete everything in the Outbox
Close Windows Live Mail.
Then reopen and try to send and receive email.

If you don't want WLM asking you for you Passport usr and pwd, put them in the logon dialog box, and check "remember my name and password".
Then it should not stop for your credentials.

Hope that helps.

Brian_30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Thanks for the input but none of this helped. I also don't want to log in to any messenger or whatever. I am strictly using the program for E-Mail. POP3 and SMTP not an Live ID. I just want my old Outlook program back.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Hi Brian,

The other thing you could do is to select a System Restore Point prior to having trouble with WLMail, if that's not too far in the past, and see if that might correct the error code.

The reason you are required to sign into your WLMail account is that it is a web based program, not client based where that information is stored on your computer and transferred from client to email provider at time of authentication. It is completely separate from Windows Live Messaging which you don't have to use.

You mentioined Outlook, which is a great mail client program and available separately or as part of the business Office programs, in Office 2010. It can handle POP-3 and web based accounts.

Outlook Express was a great little efficient e-mail client but has been replaced by Windows Live Mail, and is no longer supported or upgraded.

Brian_30

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
I will go ahead and get Outlook. I just received the word from our software vender that they are coming out with an update that will intergrate with Outlook. Thanks for all the help everyone.