[SOLVED] I am wanting to install a 2060 Rtx super video card but I realised I may need to do some upgrading. My motherboard is a K30BF_M32BF_A_F_K31BF_6.

Solution
I have a feeling I'm missing some updates or drivers. I have tried to manually download the nvidia drivers and they all say, not compatible with this version of windows. The power cable that came with card was too short(8 pin one end and 2 6 pin clips on other end) so I used one with psu (6+2 one end and 8 into psu) could that be a reason?
No, are you sure you are downloading the right driver for your windows? Choose Win 10 64 bit x64 if you have Win 10 64 bit.
Looks like the best compatible CPU with that is the A10-7800 APU.

Though I wouldn't put an RTX 2060 Super on this motherboard even with the best CPU for it. You would bottleneck your GPU a great deal.

What budget do you have for upgrades? Do you know what you have in your current rig?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
  1. A K30BF has either a 250W or 350W power supply, you're going to want a 500W.
  2. Anything above a 1070 GTX is going to be held back by even the best CPU FM2+ has to offer.
  3. A55 chipset supports up to Athlon X4 750K and from previous posts at the Asus forums I see a 750K working on that PC but they also used the latest BIOS updates.

Jan 11, 2020
  1. A K30BF has either a 250W or 350W power supply, you're going to want a 500W.
  2. Anything above a 1070 GTX is going to be held back by even the best CPU FM2+ has to offer.
  3. A55 chipset supports up to Athlon X4 750K and from previous posts at the Asus forums I see a 750K working on that PC but they also used the latest BIOS updates.
Ok, so I would likely be better off buying a new motherboard or do I have to build a whole new setup?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Jan 11, 2020
$500 ,maybe a bit more at the moment. That's actually pretty decent price. I should have done more research before I ordered that card. Asus rtx 2060 super is what I have on way

Jan 11, 2020
I have win 10 installed and am currently having trouble getting the video card to show up in device manager. Hdmi is plugged into card and display works but can't get geforce experience to work.
Msi b450m gaming plus
16gb ram
550w corsair psu
500tb m.2 ssd, 1 tb sata ssd
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus geforce rtx 2060 super

I have win 10 installed and am currently having trouble getting the video card to show up in device manager. Hdmi is plugged into card and display works but can't get geforce experience to work.
Msi b450m gaming plus
16gb ram
550w corsair psu
500tb m.2 ssd, 1 tb sata ssd
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus geforce rtx 2060 super
What's not working with geforce experience?
The driver is not detecting your GPU?
Try both DCH and standard drivers from nvidia website.

Jan 11, 2020
I have a feeling I'm missing some updates or drivers. I have tried to manually download the nvidia drivers and they all say, not compatible with this version of windows. The power cable that came with card was too short(8 pin one end and 2 6 pin clips on other end) so I used one with psu (6+2 one end and 8 into psu) could that be a reason?

No, are you sure you are downloading the right driver for your windows? Choose Win 10 64 bit x64 if you have Win 10 64 bit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS