[SOLVED] I am wondering what the PSU size for the Aurora r12

Dec 18, 2021
I got some deal with the r12, here are the specs.

i7-11700k

RTX 3070

32 gb of DDR4, 3200 mhz

512 gb ssd

It came with a 550w psu. and when i run minecraft shaders, I get 30-60 fps, but only 30% gpu usage.
I have some questions.
  1. Is a psu issue?
  2. If so, what is the size of the psu (how big it is, I want it to fit.)
  3. If the psu is not the issue, then is there any way to fix the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Solution
It came with a 550w psu. and when i run minecraft shaders, I get 30-60 fps, but only 30% gpu usage.
I have some questions.
  1. Is a psu issue?
Nope, the PSU won't "directly" effect the Game's usage/FPS and other features. This is not directly related to the PSU, unless the PSU is a a very cheap quality generic model, having low wattage, and unbale to provide the horsepower to the system under heavy Gaming load/stress (apart from causing crashes, system restart etc.).

But your AURORA PC rocks a decent PSU. PSU just feeds the power to the GPU and whole system. Sounds more like an issue with the GAME itself, and not power supply. On what screen resolution are you playing games ? 1080p/FULL HD, 2K or 4K ?

Game...
I have some questions.
  1. Is a psu issue?
Nope, the PSU won't "directly" effect the Game's usage/FPS and other features. This is not directly related to the PSU, unless the PSU is a a very cheap quality generic model, having low wattage, and unbale to provide the horsepower to the system under heavy Gaming load/stress (apart from causing crashes, system restart etc.).

But your AURORA PC rocks a decent PSU. PSU just feeds the power to the GPU and whole system. Sounds more like an issue with the GAME itself, and not power supply. On what screen resolution are you playing games ? 1080p/FULL HD, 2K or 4K ?

Game resolution and other video settings also have an effect on the game's overall performance/usage.

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 18, 2021

Game resolution and other video settings also have an effect on the game's overall performance/usage.
I think that my monitor is at 720p or 1080p

Dec 18, 2021

Also, Is my 550w psu enough?

Dec 18, 2021
Also, i'm sorry if this inconveniences you, but my cpu temp never goes under 70c, even when playing roblox. in valorant sometimes it even goes up to 90c. Turning up the fans does not help.

Also, Is my 550w psu enough?

Can you first list the brand and exact Model number of your RTX 3070. According to official specs, a 650 W PSU is recommended. But in some places a 550 W model is listed as the minimum. But this is subjective, as there are other factors need to be taken into consideration as well.

Does your GPU require a 12-pin PCI-e cable, or 8 pin1 + 6 pin1 ? I presume your 550 W PSU on this aurora system is 80 PLUS Gold rated ?

dtXifjxt3yZzh2dLJ2Q8Z5-970-80.png.webp

As a side note, WATTAGE number alone means nothing when it comes to any power supply. The main concern is the "quality" of the power, the quality of the components used/CAPS, as well as the total AMP drawn on the +12V RAIL (output), the efficiency under load, "ripple suppression", among other factors.

The total wattage number of any PSU is not always really the most important deciding factor, primary concern is the 'quality' of power it produces, and the total capacity of the 12V source etc.

Dec 18, 2021
Can you first list the brand and exact Model number of your RTX 3070. According to official specs, a 650 W PSU is recommended. But in some places a 550 W model is listed as the minimum. But this is subjective, as there are other factors need to be taken into consideration as well.

Does your GPU require a 12-pin PCI-e cable, or 8 pin1 + 6 pin1 ? I presume your 550 W PSU on this aurora system is 80 PLUS Gold rated ?

dtXifjxt3yZzh2dLJ2Q8Z5-970-80.png.webp

As a side note, WATTAGE number alone means nothing when it comes to any power supply. The main concern is the "quality" of the power, the quality of the components used/CAPS, as well as the total AMP drawn on the +12V RAIL (output), the efficiency under load, "ripple suppression", among other factors.

The total wattage number of any PSU is not always really the most important deciding factor, primary concern is the 'quality' of power it produces, and the total capacity of the 12V source etc.
Both the 3070 and the psu are made by dell, and the psu is 80+ gold rating. I am going to open it up sometime and check.