[SOLVED] I am worried about my MOBO temperatures. Am I doing something wrong?

sammael1984

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
Hello, guys. I hope this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, my apologies.

So, this is my setup:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz Quad-Core Processor (I downclocked it to 3.5 though)
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming
Memory: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital WDC (SATA )
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB
PSU: EVGA 850 G2 80 Plus Gold
Case: NZXT H440

The original case fans died after 5 years of use, so I switched them for three 120mm Noctua NF-F12 in the front pulling air and a 140mm Silent Wings 3 in the exhaust to take out all the heat through the rear. I know my case isn't the most air-flow efficient, but back in the day I didn't know much about anything, so there is that.

The point is that about two days ago I noticed a high temperature in something called TMPIN1 in CPUID HWMonitor. After gaming, the temperature of that thing went up to around 65c. It had never happened before. I use SpeedFan and MSI Afterburner to make sure my fans keep things as cool as possible depending on whatever it is I am doing.

These are my temps right now as I am writing this post:

Temperatures

I do my best to keep my computer dust-free, so I have no idea what could be causing this weird increase in temperatures.

What are these in CPUID HWMonitor: TMPIN0, TMPIN1, and TMPIN2? Am I missing something, guys?

Anyway, I appreciate anything you can do to help me.

EndEffeKt_24

Notable
Mar 27, 2019
Might be your vrm tempsensor. 65c is cold. Nothing to worry about.
May I ask why you downclock the arguably last really good overclocking cpu? Its your rig, but I dont see why it would be neccessary to limit performance.

EndEffeKt_24

Notable
Mar 27, 2019
May I ask why you downclock the arguably last really good overclocking cpu? Its your rig, but I dont see why it would be neccessary to limit performance.

sammael1984

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
Hey, man! Thanks a lot for the information, I had no idea about which temps ranges were normal on that stuff. Ib regards to downclocking, these days I am just browsing I am not really gaming as much, I just wanted to see lower temps in general. I will probably take it up to the regular speed when I start playing some CPU-intensive games such as Total War and stuff. Anyway, thanks, bro.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS