I apologize as I am disabled hope u understand. pc has many issues, sys restore, 10+bsod daily, read write permission...

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
I sold my solo fan evga 1060 and got the ssc version as it was on sale 70$ off and came with free 600watt psu(better than one i had), and also bought 2 ssd cards for phone. I wasnt thinking when i sold the small one and just turned off power, turned off switch and unplugged and took it out. Leaving all nvidia drivers and stuff on pc. Got home reassembled the side and then uninstalled nvidia stuff. I did play some games on super low settings but I had to wait about a month to get my new stuff. I wish you could see my Event Viewer. Ive been on since midnight and its 6a.m. and im well over 100 just today.

Then the read/write permissions. I'm the only person who used this pc. now i can watch youtube and play high end games no prob, unless theres an issue and it closes. I wanted my c drive(intel 600 series 512gb) for windows, afterburner, non gaming apps and pc maintenance programs. i did this once before as I have steam and uplay, origin on my D drive, a 4tb hybrid. Well, it installs the game to the d drive but saves, some files like rockstars gta5 stuff on c drive along with some other games and stuff. I dont want to start everything over, again. But i am afraid i am going to have to wipe my c drive and do another windows install. Im the administrator and the other day it wouldn't allow me to install a program to my c drive.

My Pc main components are evga gtx 1060ssc, msi 270 gaming pro carbon, 32gb teamgroup vulcan memory, i7-7700k with a corsair h60 on it and i think thats it.

What are my options? I wish i has someone to see these issues. Bsod are random and mostly when turning on. System resore didnt even work and the other day i was running great, though event log say different. Im disabled and this is my baby. im 42 and have only been into pc gaming for a few years but have gamed my whole life. GOD i hope someone is willing to show so love to a stranger as I can't afford to have someone look at it. Thank you for taking some time to read this. If you feel you can help me please reach out. If i can know who you are I will facetime w messenger or whatever you want so I can show you live what if going on. Hope you have a wonderful day. I will most likely still be sitting here lol. God Bless....

Lutfij

Titan
It helps to add punctuation and spacing to your wall of text in order to improve comprehension + users to provide their take on the matter.

Can you list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Whatever solution will be offered will come though via this thread. There's no need to call people away to other platforms.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i just edited it Lutfi, you were just a little fast :)

BSOD - Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

whats wrong with read/write permissions?

Don't read event viewer unless you having BSOD.. which you were, but its not best place to look. Even on a perfectly healthy system you will still find errors in there. I just ignore it.

Some things are hard wired to save to C, so just try to make sure really big things like games are on storage. You can't move everything.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
Sorry i should've listed them all 1st. c drive(intel 600 series 512gb) D drive, a 4tb hybrid. My Pc main components are evga gtx 1060ssc, msi 270 gaming pro carbon, 32gb teamgroup vulcan memory, i7-7700k with a corsair h60, Corsair spec-alpha case, and a 600 watt bronze evga psu.

Colif

Win 11 Master
a user called Gardenman will answer with a file that shows details of PC based on that dump and also details of the BSOD you have. he is likely asleep now so it will be a few hours.

He may not be able to help directly but the file will let me at least see what you getting.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
Thank you VERY much. As for the other gentleman, i apologize. I am disabled and try my best to make sense, but with beigh in my 40s and newish to pc gaming i have so much i dont know. Have a great day you guys.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The more I learn about PC, the more I realise I don't know about PC.

the files GTA saves in C, are they in your documents folder? did you know you can move that folder (and all library folders) to hdd.

1. Make a folder called documents on hdd
2. right click the default documents folder in the quick access area of File explorer
3. choose properties
4. choose location tab
5. click move button and in file explorer, choose the Documents folder you made in stage 1 (make sure link shows folder and not just the hdd as it can show wrong link here, you don't want a 4tb documents folder. It can be a pain to fix).
6. Click apply and agree to move contents to new folder.

Now that GTA folder that was on C should be on D.

I have all my library folders (Documents, music, Pictures, Videos, downloads) on hdd as well as the Onedrive folder and obviously Steam. I have a smaller SSD than you but still have 187gb free space on it.. I probably went too far :)

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

Yes I'm going to try and figure it out once my daughter leaves for school. There is a bunch of games and gaming stuff I dont want on my c drive. The GTA V I don't want on there there's a Steam folder on my C drive steam service is inside also have Destiny 2 on it battleye is installed on it Battlefield 4 is on it Assassin's Creed 3 assassin's creed origins of Assassin's Creed Syndicate Battlefield One Elder Scrolls Online Mount & Blade warband rise of the Tomb Raider Rockstar Games again Square Enix The Surge The Witcher Trial Fusion Ubisoft and Warner Brother games they're all on the local disk c user my name OneDrive documents

Colif

Win 11 Master
is the steam folder in Program Files (X86)?
Can you right click it and see how big folder is? you will always have some files on C drive as its default location of the steam client. MY folder is 702mb even with all games on my 2tb drive

Steam defaults the save location for games to C unless you move the location of the default games library
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129&l=english

Did you move location of Onedrive?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4028633/windows-10-change-the-location-of-your-onedrive-folder

Colif

Win 11 Master

D folder?

can you take some screenshots and upload them to a image sharing web site (like imgur) and share a link here. Probably easier than me guessing if D is on the 4tb drive or somewhere else.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

I actually never used one drive before. But in my d 86 folder Origin Games is in there and bethesda.net launcher is in there and inside Origin Games is Battlefield 1. So can I copy and paste my Steam folder into the x86 folder? I have a 4 terabyte hybrid Dr for my d disc. When I was having issues installing something to my C drive saying I didn't have permission I was reading articles online and people were telling me to make another person and name it everyone and give everyone permission. And that didn't work. I wanted to try out EVGA precision X software but it wouldn't allow me to install it to my C drive. And then when I added the everyone it said that doing this could mess up all kinds of things I would get one error saying it's going to mess this up possibly and then I head okay and then I get another one and it would say it's going to mess up this and I'd hit okay and I got about five of those before I gave up. So I think my C drive he needs to get wiped delete all the partitions and put a new install of Windows 10 on it. Cuz I really don't use C all that much just for bench testing and cpu-z stuff like that. But I want to get all of my gaming stuff off of it and into the correct place before I do that. Because I have hundreds of hours in each Dark Souls game. Plus Skyrim and The Witcher... the last time I formatted my C drive I lost all of my saves and started over.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

I can email you them or I don't know if you use Facebook Messenger but I use it all the time to take pictures and share them immediately. You don't have to worry about me I'm 42 years old disabled Married With Children. But yeah my M. 2 Dr is ramdisk which is B and local disk C. My D drive just says data and that's the 4 terabyte hybrid Dr. <names removed for privacy>

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

So i should sign up for imgur? I linked my other social stuff on my profile now too

Colif

Win 11 Master
Changing permissions on C is dangerous as you can break windows if you change too much. Sounds like a clean install after saving as many game files of C as possible (to avoid downloading again) is a good plan.

If you move your documents library to the D drive, you won't lose your save games I think as they mostly get saved to documents by games, and would be there to be used by next install All of my old steam save games are in a folder called My games in documents folder on e drive (a partition of my 2tb drive)

So D folder is D drive? SO you have games on D already?

I don't use Facebook, worked hard to keep it off this PC too. I would suggest you use imgur for the images,

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

Ok I'll sign up and post the pics. How do I get them so u can see them?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Just post the link to the page it shows you after its uploaded

I have to go now as its 1.30am where I am, I will look in here tomorrow,

I might advise Gardenman not to do dumps as the BSOD could be tied to your permissions thing as well. If you still getting BSOD after the fresh install, we will look at them then.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

That's great thank you for all your help I really appreciate it. I hope you have a good day today. Take care.

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
The admins took this down for some reason I don't get it, I thought we are all here to indulge in our PC love. Luckily it was posted twice somehow and tonight 40+hrs working on this fix so I found this. I think i found a piece of the puzzle, https://imgur.com/a/5r2HLWa The 4tb sshd drive is in (0) w an unallocated partician off the bat. But THEN look at what its named at in blue on right side. My old mouse model! Centrophorus (d) and it just showed up tonigh when i turned pc on. Its even there when I simply click file explorer and scroll down It shows the (red dragon symbol) CENTROPHORUS (D).

dXaCq9q.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
admins took what down?

D is that 4tb drive you mentioned you had. You can't just copy/paste the steam client into the D drive, you would need to uninstall the client and during the installation process, point installer at D drive. Then link the games on D to this client and none will be ON C

Have you clean installed C yet? before you do, move everything you want to save onto D