[SOLVED] I badly need help. GPU suddenly went off mid-game. See thread for full details.

Nov 29, 2019
stick with 1 thread, don't spam the forum
Guyss I need help urgent!!!!

Synopsis:
I just got home from school then decided to play PUBG. After I opened PUBG, I queued in 1 game then boom. Monitor suddenly stopped receiving signal and turned black. I noticed that the GPU shut down and it never came back on after that but the computer was still on. Only the GPU was off. Temporarily, I can switch the monitor HDMI to the CPU in order to change my BIOS settings. (Note: I have been playing PUBG and other heavy games for over a year now with this computer)
Problem :
-Graphics card not turning on (fans not spinning)
-Monitor not getting signal from GPU
Things I've already done :
-Change the PCI Express cable
-Remove then put back the GPU
-Clean the GPU (removing the dust)
-Set the startup and BIOS to default
-Download drivers but it doesn't detect the GPU

I am a student and I really need my computer to do heavy tasks like photo shop. If you can help me with this problem, I'd be very happy this Christmas. Thank you.

Solution
you have no post screen, you followed procedure cleaned it, checked power cables and it still did not turn on or detect the gpu, you cant get into post to check drivers, its dead my friend, try and return it with warranty and get a replacement or a better one, go for the rtx2060 get rid of the 1660, my opinion anyway
Nov 29, 2019
you have no post screen, you followed procedure cleaned it, checked power cables and it still did not turn on or detect the gpu, you cant get into post to check drivers, its dead my friend, try and return it with warranty and get a replacement or a better one, go for the rtx2060 get rid of the 1660, my opinion anyway

Solution
Nov 29, 2019
Oh man, I've only used this for 1 year and 2 months. Do GPU's really die because of some games though? I have 3 fans working, reapply thermal paste every 2 months, and temperatures only reach 60 when gaming so overheating might not be a problem.

Please stick to one thread per topic. Your other duplicate thread has been whacked.

If you feel you need additional answers or input, feel free to ask around the community for somebody else to chime in or add additional information here to your thread that might bring it back up in the listings. Don't bump, but adding additional information so that somebody might have a better shot at helping solve your issue, that is fine. Just don't post multiple threads on the same question. Thanks.