I believe my i5 4670k took a dump. Help me confirm

Joe_253

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
To start off, here is my reddit thread on /r/techsupport if you would rather read that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/6fqx8c/started_with_whea_uncorrectable_error_now_pc/

Now, for my post here. About a week ago I started getting BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error. I had read that it was usually because of out of date bios drivers. So I updated those via flash drive and q-flash (gigabyte z87x-ud3h mobo) and my problems only got worse from there. I had successfully upgraded drivers from f3, which is the bios version it shipped out with, up to f9.

Between then and now I have had the following problems:

PC randomly shuts off.
PC will freeze 20-45 seconds in
PC will show machine_check_error in DOS
PC will not POST
PC will not even boot up now

Things I have tried:

Booting without GPU and using onboard graphics (I initially thought it was my GPU since I would only get errors while playing Blizzard games)
Disabled overclocking in Bios however I never overclocked my i5 to begin with.
Booting with each different stick of ram by itself to remove possibility of a faulty stick
Did a memory check and chkdsk /f and /r
Updated any drivers that might be out of date
Took all hardware out and put back in
Changed power strips to determine correct voltage being sent to machine
Checked all temps using SpeedFan, nothing above 60c at idle and barely hits 70c on GPU while playing Overwatch. Processor temp doesn't go above 65c while playing overwatch and a ton of google chrome tabs open.

As of now the PC won't boot at all and if it does I just get a black screen or it will get stuck in a boot loop. Because of this, unfortunately, I can't post a BSOD dump or view the event viewer to see the cause of the problems.

My specs are as follows:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mobo
Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1333mhz
Corsair random PSU 600w Non modular
Gigabyte GTX 770 2gb GPU
Intel i5-4670k Haswell

I am fully prepared to build a new updated PC, I would just like to make sure my CPU is actually the problem here. If anybody has experience something similar, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks for the help!

Joe_253

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

Do you think it could be a failing PSU? Would a failing PSU just outright quit or could it possibly send lower/the wrong voltages to the CPU causing these problems?