i believe my psu is damaging my Hard Drives

Fojkfsdk Sdfsdfsdf

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
the reason is all three of my hard drives were damaged in less than two months each connected at a time for a week or two one of them is completely broken it is giving that clicking noise no important data on it so I won't even bother fixing it the other two i believe something is wrong with the circuit since the pc won't even recognize them but no clicking noise there one of them keeps on showing every now and then the other is completely dead so my question is can my PSU damage the hard drives ? by giving them too much or too little power ? or is it something else ?
i don't want to get a new Hard drive and then having the same thing happening to it is there anyway i can check without purchasing a new one ? this is the only PSU i got that will work with this motherboard the other two one is dead and one doesn't have the same power cable to fit in the motherboard slot

Solution
yes if the power supply is out of atx spec it can fry drives. if there sata drives you have to see if someone has a sata to molex adaptor to test the 12 and 5v. with a volt meter do to the small size of sata power connector it easy to short two pins together. if the power supply is under warranty start an rma...some will do advance replacment with a credit card. check the drives see if there close to the same serial number if they are could been a box of dropped drives got sold.
I had a motherboard with a SATA port that fried 3 drives. Gave them all bad sectors within 12 hours or copying data to them. I tried swapping PSU, SATA cables. I think the 2nd drive, put in a different PC, used it for a few days, put it in the intended PC, boom, within a few hours, bad sectors, clicking, failed.

Somehow it was a bad port.

yes if the power supply is out of atx spec it can fry drives. if there sata drives you have to see if someone has a sata to molex adaptor to test the 12 and 5v. with a volt meter do to the small size of sata power connector it easy to short two pins together. if the power supply is under warranty start an rma...some will do advance replacment with a credit card. check the drives see if there close to the same serial number if they are could been a box of dropped drives got sold.

Solution