[SOLVED] i bought a cpu but the box was not the original one 3700x ryzen

Mar 25, 2021
hey guys i am wondering so i got a cpu amd ryzen 3700x the store said its not used but when i opened i saw the gold triangle was so worn out and the back of it it had some scratches would you guys suggest i return it or not ? i didn't realize its a tray only because i wanted a one with the original box
20210329_162203.jpg

Mar 25, 2021
That looks like a CPU in a "socket" for shipping. What does the bottom of the CPU look like (the pins)? Likely a tray (OEM) CPU, thus lacking the normal packaging.
ah the pins seemed fine but the sides underneath next to the pins had some scratches anyways i just dropped it of in the shipping company for return

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That looks like a CPU in a "socket" for shipping. What does the bottom of the CPU look like (the pins)? Likely a tray (OEM) CPU, thus lacking the normal packaging.

Unless my eyes deceive me, I can see internal PCB material and the right side is up against a box, which indicates there is no edge there.

I wonder if someone was trying the old de-cap trick to swap the CPU and heatspreader, not realizing it is soldered.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Unless my eyes deceive me, I can see internal PCB material and the right side is up against a box, which indicates there is no edge there.

I wonder if someone was trying the old de-cap trick to swap the CPU and heatspreader, not realizing it is soldered.
The PCB can be seen at the corners. It really does look like the CPU is sitting in something in the original picture.