I bought a Gefore gtx 750 and Installed it on my dell xps 8500 and now My monitor goes into power saving mode

Jinx1337

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
I just bought a new graphics card GTX 650 zotac and now when ever I boot up my comp on the monitor it says power saving mode, I tried to use another monitor same thing I tried re using my old graphics card radeon 7570 HD and that does not work please help me guys I really need to fix this. My computer is a dell xps 8500

Solution
Yes, but they ordered it from a supplier and it needed to be shipped to the store, but never mind, I agree, rather take the card back and let them handle the rest, happy holidays and happy gaming :)

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Okay, if you installed it yourself did you insert the PCI-E power connectors to the card? I think it uses one 6-pin PCI-E power connector:
45237i62E2DB94BFE05D76

and you can also try clearing the CMOS, do this by locating the battery on the motherboard and removing it (with power cable NOT plugged in) then hold down the power button for 15 seconds to drain power and then reinsert the battery and power up the PC, Good luck :)

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Make sure the Graphics card is properly seated and try running the pc with one RAM stick, how powerfull is your PSU in terms of wattage? can you please also send a picture of the inside of the case?

Jinx1337

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Okay I tried using the comp with my old gpu and it works now but my screen is stuck on data got reset press f1 etc and when I press f1 nothing happens and my psu is 460 and the card needs 400.

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Okay, remove the card completely, plug in your monitor cable into the computer, most motherboards and CPUs come with integrated graphics so you can do ordinary stuff, but not play games. I. e run the pc without a graphics card.

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Also make sure to be earthed at all time or wear a anti static band, static electricity can damage your components if it's discharged to it. Also don't put the cards you removed on carpets or something that can build up static electricery.

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
It might be DOA, Dead on arrival, but that's unlikely, before going for another attempt to install the ggeforce, remove ALL previous graphics drivers and when system boots up perfectly with VGA driver, then install new Nvidia drivers. Good luck :) Here is an article on how to install a Graphics card correctly:http://m.wikihow.com/Install-a-Graphics-Card

Caesar-rsa

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Yes, but they ordered it from a supplier and it needed to be shipped to the store, but never mind, I agree, rather take the card back and let them handle the rest, happy holidays and happy gaming :)

Solution