[SOLVED] I bought a GPU, it doesn't fit.

Jun 5, 2020
I have an old PC that is small form factor. Everything else gives way for the graphics card except for the side metal panel thing that covers where the ports are. I don't want to remove just the PCI covers, but the whole thing.
IMG-20200605-162746.jpg

Solution
The problem is you're trying to install a full-height graphics card into a system that only accepts low-profile cards:

548a1f87_3884.bracket.jpeg

In your case, likely one of the graphic card outputs is preventing the card from seating properly into the PCI-Ex16 expansion slot.

-Wolf sends
Jun 5, 2020
Nvm, instead of removing that cover, ill just remove the cover on the GPU, not the cover where the fans are but where the ports are. The screw is tiny though, it's really hard to unscrew.

Jun 5, 2020
Nvm, even without the gpu shield thing it still doesnt fit, so there isnt a way to remove the thing that covers where the back ports are?

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
If you take off the pcie bracket entirely it should fit but I don't know from the picture whether you could even close the side panel afterwards. It definately won't be supported as well as one with a fitted plate. Look around for a low profile plate like the others said for your type of GPU, or if the GPU itself won't squeeze in, maybe your case just wasn't meant to in the first place.

images

This is a low profile CARD, with a regular BRACKET. If one or both are too big, it needs replacing and/or it won't fit entirely.

Always check dimensions before buying in future, especially SFF

TRENDING THREADS