I bought a iball nirantar ups 621v

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012
I started using the product and continuously using it over 9 hour or so . Do i really had to charge it before using the unit am really worried will it have backup if i use it this way. I had some work and no other option to use it. Please help. Thanks.

Solution
Most UPS units will charge even when they are switched off.

It has to be charged at some time because the battery will not last forever. When the battery is too low a UPS will shut off.

With normal use a unit like that is just always connected and only switches to battery when the power fails or has another fault that will trigger the switch to battery.

All of this should be automatic(charge when you have AC power and run on batteries when you do not).

Some units also allow monitoring the battery level and estimated time remaining on the computer.
The battery will normally ship with some charge. Most UPS units will shut off when the battery is low. You will at that point have to charge it before use again.

The batteries can only be discharged so many times so eventually you will have to replace them. Normal standby use will most likely last longer because they are used less.

amalts01

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2012

I dont usually put my ups on charge i turn it off when i turn off my computer. Shall i put it on charging after i shutdown my computer ? Is there any problem if use it before that 6 hr charge will the ups don't give me backup or something ?

Most UPS units will charge even when they are switched off.

It has to be charged at some time because the battery will not last forever. When the battery is too low a UPS will shut off.

With normal use a unit like that is just always connected and only switches to battery when the power fails or has another fault that will trigger the switch to battery.

All of this should be automatic(charge when you have AC power and run on batteries when you do not).

Some units also allow monitoring the battery level and estimated time remaining on the computer.

Solution