[SOLVED] I bought a new 144hz

Nov 25, 2019
I bought a new Asus ROG STRIX XG27VQ 144hz 27" 1ms curved 1920x1080 gaming monitor, which was supposed to be an upgrade over my old Asus VG248QE 144hz 1920x1080 3d gaming monitor... However, that is not the case.
My new monitor seems more teary and like there's some delay when I play my favorite game fortnite, I hooked both up to my setup (CPU: i7 9700k 5ghz overclocked, GPU: GTX 1080 ti 11gb, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb vengeance ddr4 ram)
Both are connected via. DisplayPort and set to 144hz under nvidia control panel, both seem to work fine as I did the ufo 144hz test and tried testing both monitors alone, and both seem to be around the 144hz mark. However ingame the new one is way worse, comparable to a 60hz monitor. I checked all the built-in settings such as FreeSync, and tried both with it toggled on and off, nothing seems to help, the seller I bought it from assured me nothing was wrong with the monitor and he bought it only 6 months ago. Can anyone help? Kind Regards, Peter.

Solution
Yeah, you should be able to enable it from the "Setup G-Sync" menu in the Nvidia control panel. Of course, adaptive sync only works when your frame rate is below your maximum refresh rate, so you might want to enable a frame rate limit in your settings to prevent it from going over 144 fps.
Yeah, you should be able to enable it from the "Setup G-Sync" menu in the Nvidia control panel. Of course, adaptive sync only works when your frame rate is below your maximum refresh rate, so you might want to enable a frame rate limit in your settings to prevent it from going over 144 fps.

Solution
Nov 25, 2019
Update: I turned off G-sync and it actually works quite alot better now right now, maybe comparable to a 120hz monitor, still not as good as my old 144hz monitor. Any ideas?

Nov 25, 2019
And I do have quite the knowledge within tech myself, been building pcs for years, however I just can't seem to understand what's wrong with this monitor. I've checked everything and everything seems fine, no dead pixels, no obf menus, no water damage inside, and it does check out in Nvidia Control Panel aswell. The difference between my old 144hz and my new one is not big, but is very noticeable, as of now my old monitor (which is 1/3 of the price of the new one) is still better quality in terms of clarity, when there's a lot happening. Otherwise the colors are really good on my new screen, but i dont really care about that since its for gaming...

Latest posts