Question I bought a new cpu for my PC and now it won't boot up

Aug 27, 2024
I have a prebuilt PC called Legion T530-28APR Desktop (Lenovo) - Type 90JY

Serial number is S101991X

Lenovo support told me that my computer is compatible with Ryzen 7 5700x. So I went out and bought it. I upgraded the pc to the latest bios version before replacing the new CPU. After I used the new CPU and turned on the computer, the rgb lights come on, but the monitor, keyboard, mouse, nothing turns on. After a certain period of time the computer crashes and shuts down. The computer does not show any error sounds or leds. And yes, the CPU is perfectly fine.

Did Lenovo support lie to me and just scam me out of 200€, or can I fix the problem somehow and get the computer to work with the new CPU.

HELP !!!

I have a prebuilt PC called Legion T530-28APR Desktop (Lenovo) - Type 90JY

Serial number is S101991X

Lenovo support told me that my computer is compatible with Ryzen 7 5700x. So I went out and bought it. I upgraded the pc to the latest bios version before replacing the new CPU. After I used the new CPU and turned on the computer, the rgb lights come on, but the monitor, keyboard, mouse, nothing turns on. After a certain period of time the computer crashes and shuts down. The computer does not show any error sounds or leds. And yes, the CPU is perfectly fine.

Did Lenovo support lie to me and just scam me out of 200€, or can I fix the problem somehow and get the computer to work with the new CPU.

HELP !!!
Full system specs ?

Does it have a dedicated GPU as the 2400g it replaced is a igpu and the new one does have that.

Make sure it's plugged into the graphics card not the motherboard.

Make sure bios is up to date and reset bios incase of conflicts by removing the battery on the motherboard while pc is off and wait 1 minute then but the battery back in.

As was mentioned above there does need to be a video card in the system with the new CPU no matter what.

Unfortunately Lenovo doesn't seem to list older BIOS versions that I can see so I cannot be 100% certain, but the newest one on their website only mentions Pinnacle and Matisse which are Zen 1 and Zen 2 CPUs respectively. It's possible this motherboard was never updated with support for Zen 3 CPUs.