[SOLVED] I bought a new monitor and it won’t connect to my PC.

Jun 15, 2020
Hi, I hope that you’re doing well.
So yesterday, I bought an LG UHD Monitor (https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UK50T-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor) to replace my old AOC (21”?) 1080p monitor. The old monitor was connected via HDMI, and the new one is running via DisplayPort.
I unplugged the old one, then set up the new one and plugged it in, and it will not display the PC’s image. It turns on and then says “No Signal”, and then goes into power save mode. However, I switched the monitor to HDMI and it recognized a DisplayPort connection and then it automatically switched to that, however it still would not connect. My PC was running the old monitor perfectly fine yesterday right before I unplugged it, and then once I unplugged it and tried the new one, neither of them would work. My PC is fairly new, and I checked the compatibility with the HDMI and DisplayPorts, and it said that everything was compatible. Also, I have never used or thought about using DisplayPort up until this point, so I have no drivers installed for it. If needed, I can provide specs for my pc, the old monitor, and the new monitor. Also, I tried multiple methods of the simple “unplug from the source” troubleshooting fix, to no avail. Anything will help, and I don’t think that this is an issue related to the internals of my pc. Thank you! Have a nice day.

Solution
Hi, are you asking if I reset my computer before switching from HDMI to DP?
What you can try is what i think he may be saying is unplug the Computer and the New Monitor. wait about 30 seconds. then plug everything back in, the DP to the new monitor from the back of the GPU and then restart

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi, I hope that you’re doing well.
So yesterday, I bought an LG UHD Monitor (https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UK50T-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor) to replace my old AOC (21”?) 1080p monitor. The old monitor was connected via HDMI, and the new one is running via DisplayPort.
I unplugged the old one, then set up the new one and plugged it in, and it will not display the PC’s image. It turns on and then says “No Signal”, and then goes into power save mode. However, I switched the monitor to HDMI and it recognized a DisplayPort connection and then it automatically switched to that, however it still would not connect. My PC was running the old monitor perfectly fine yesterday right before I unplugged it, and then once I unplugged it and tried the new one, neither of them would work. My PC is fairly new, and I checked the compatibility with the HDMI and DisplayPorts, and it said that everything was compatible. Also, I have never used or thought about using DisplayPort up until this point, so I have no drivers installed for it. If needed, I can provide specs for my pc, the old monitor, and the new monitor. Also, I tried multiple methods of the simple “unplug from the source” troubleshooting fix, to no avail. Anything will help, and I don’t think that this is an issue related to the internals of my pc. Thank you! Have a nice day.
What GPU do you have if any?

Jun 15, 2020
Have you managed to get it to work? or are you still running into problems? Do you have AMD Radeon Software installed?
Not yet, but I will try it again shortly. I have been away all day. And I believe so but I will check soon to confirm a. if it works b. if I have the software installed. Also, apologies for my late response, and many thanks for your rapid responses!

Jun 15, 2020
Have you managed to get it to work? or are you still running into problems? Do you have AMD Radeon Software installed?
Hi, it is still not working, and neither is my old monitor, they’re both giving me the “no signal” message. So I can not check if I have the AMD Radeon software installed or not.

Jun 15, 2020
What you can try is what i think he may be saying is unplug the Computer and the New Monitor. wait about 30 seconds. then plug everything back in, the DP to the new monitor from the back of the GPU and then restart
Hi, I just tried that, to no avail. :/ I am going to try the new monitor on HDMI and see if it works, and if not then I think it may be that I need to clean my ram or reseat my video card.

Jun 15, 2020
Can you take a picture of how you have everything plugged in? Just so i can see what's what. The back of your GPU and the back of your Monitor pls and ty
Yeah I got you, also, I’ve deemed that it’s an internal issue or a driver issue (I may not have the DisplayPort driver installed), and I tried the new LG monitor with HDMI as well, to no avail. Then I tried cleaning and reseating my ram, also to no avail. Now I am trying to get the old monitor to work so I can download the DisplayPort driver and at least look at the software side of things, but I have no display on my pc until I get at least the old one to work.
View: https://imgur.com/a/O0WzXuA

View: https://imgur.com/a/RNH5LeR

Jun 15, 2020
Can you take a picture of how you have everything plugged in? Just so i can see what's what. The back of your GPU and the back of your Monitor pls and ty
Hi, so shortly after taking those pictures, I realized the issue😂I had the monitor plugged into the motherboard lol. It’s working like a charm now. My apologies for the wasted time, but thank you for your help and time, have a good day and stay safe!

Reactions: Ferimer

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi, so shortly after taking those pictures, I realized the issue😂I had the monitor plugged into the motherboard lol. It’s working like a charm now. My apologies for the wasted time, but thank you for your help and time, have a good day and stay safe!
Thats why i wanted you to take the pictures lmao i was certain you were plugging it into the wrong spot.